My Hudson turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. I'd say it's high time he gets his birthday post! We decided to take the family to Chucky Cheese (Chunk - In Cheese as he calls it).
We went on a Monday night assuming that it would not be busy. WRONG! There were at least 2 other BIG birthday parties and several other full tables. It was a madhouse - I guess we should have expected that!
Add lots of noise, 2 grumpy parents (even before we got there...that's no good, I tell you), very lukewarm and overpriced pizza and the fact that Hudson was completely freaked out by "Chunk - In Cheese" himself. Oh we had a party people!
Look at them, they are just ooozing with excitement! :)
I made a Thomas cake earlier in the day which we took along. I have to say, I was pretty proud of my efforts! For me, this is good...really!
The night did get a little better when we started playing.
In fact, I'd go so far as to say Clint even enjoyed himself!
Hudson - we weren't completely sure about.
The fact that Chucky Cheese was always hanging around made my little man quite nervous.
Every now and then I would say, how you doing bud? Are you having fun. And this is what he'd give me.

7 comments:
Hudson-
Jack says Happy Birthday. He liked your Thomas cake. We love you, buddy!
Uncle Tim, Aunt Christa, Jack & Willis
Precious post, Jami!! Too cute!!
(I hate Chucky Cheese...you are a good momma:))
oh...now you know...once you open the door to chuck e cheese...you must return!! Im telling you what, we are so sick of that place I have a hard time asking the kids on their birthday where they would like to eat out(they get to pick...its a tradition we started) because you guessed it....thats ALWAYS were my boys pick!!! ARGHHHH. The only nice thing is....is that you leave the mess there. The pizza is gross, the salad bar is gross, the floors are dirty, and its so LOUD in there. We have tried to convince our kids on their birthdays to try a "new" place but they say "its our day, we get to pick". Oh goody!!!
Oh Poor Hudson!! Chuck-e-Cheese sure is a monster all it's own. When I nannied I had taken them there one week, then I mistakenly said I'd take them anywhere they wanted after their last day of school. I had to do it 3 times in a row!!!!
You did a great job on his cake! Looks like he loved it!
Happy Birthday Hudsey, from Josh, Jessica, Jadon and Eliza Julianne!
We have avoided Chuck E Cheese's so far but I know our day's coming! i know once we step foot in the place, we are doomed to be visiting the place more than we care to. Ah, but what kid can experience childhood without Chuck E Cheese? We would be depriving them if we didn't take them..... uh, right?
oh just too cute. The cake looks dee-lish!
Very good cake Jami!!!!! Now that is talent ;) Oh - and I love that basketball game - my favorite!!!
Post a Comment