Happy Monday all!
On Saturday we spent a few hours in our yard - raking, mowing, pulling weeds, and cutting down the old dead flowers in our landscaping. It was a glorious day! As rough as Thursday afternoon was, Saturday was the opposite.
The weather was beautiful; the kids were happy and we were happy! Don't you just love those days, those absolutely GOOD days?!
Anyway, we created quite a pile of leaves and foliage. At one point after disappearing into the house, Paige trotted out carrying a basket and a note.
Basically she was looking for leaves. Each leaf cost a hefty $25.00. So not only did she want your leaf, she also wanted your money! I asked her what she would give in return to which she responded, "Nothing. I would just say thank you!"
My favorite part is that she wanted to raise money to give to children who don't have food or clothes. See that "money for poor." :)
She stood by the curb and waited for cars to go by. At one point, we were chatting and we saw a car driving towards us. She immediately stopped the conversation and started waving her note and basket. Unfortunately, the car just drove on by!
Aw, Paige I love your heart!

3 comments:
Paige-
Bless your heart! We love you and miss seeing you!
Uncle Tim, Aunt Christa, Jack & Willis
Sweet Jamie! We too had a halleluiah day on Saturday...not accomplishing so much in the yard (though I desperately need that)!
Looking at your little girl with her dream/idea makes me think of us grown up girls with dreams and reminded me of our Father's heart for us, how He longs to fulfill our heart's desires. I pray she will hang on to that dream...I think it is a hint of what God has planned for her.
When my baby girl was about her age, she created a "book mark" business that never really did much, but she put alot of effort into it. Today she is a graphic designer...I love seeing God do that!
so cute! i love that kid :)
Post a Comment