**FYI: I haven't heard anything regarding this birthmom's decision. Just waiting, trusting, praying, hoping, wondering... Praying that God will prepare my heart for what He has in store.***
Now on to today's post...
I have a confession. I sent Fly Lady to my SPAM folder!
As much as I love her perspective on home management, I really do, her emails were just simply taking over my inbox.
I have another confession. I haven't been shining my sink very regularly. Nor have I been making my bed every day. And laundry. Oh laundry. The chaos comes and goes. But as much as I thought I had changed, I haven't.
Well, maybe a little. I'm in process.
But the fact of the matter is this, I am not Susie Q Homemaker! (BIG shocker, right! wink* wink*) I'm just not. And I guess that's okay. :)
For one entire month, I was flying pretty, but then I stopped reading Fly Lady's emails. And I stopped following the rules. And then I sent Fly Lady to my spam box. Oh dear.
I am the type of gal who gets all excited at the beginning of a project but when it starts to drag on, my momentum starts to fizzle. That's not a very good quality, no it's not.
The last time I posted about Fly Lady, I was doing oh so good and I guess I just don't want to leave anyone with a false assumption. So there you have it, my friends!
On a side note: Last night I did some blog keeping and finally learned how to add tabs (Click here to find how how you can do the same) to my header. SO FUN!! I could have been washing the dishes that were in the sink from dinner but that can wait, now can't it?!
f
I'm a work in progress...in all areas of my life. The Lord is so faithful to hang right with me through it all. I love Him and I love you my dear friends!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Fly Lady has flown the coop!
Labels: just life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't beat yourself up over this, it's not the end of the world. I told my husband that I am either a great mom - teaching to read, play at playgrounds, build castles, etc. OR I am a good housekeeper...can't have both in the same day.
With laundry, the only way I feel I have control is to do all the laundry in one day. It sounds overwhelming, but otherwise I feel like I do it all the time if I do some each day. I pick a day that I will be home and I keep going back to the laundry room the second I hear the dryer beap and switch out loads. I fold it all that night or as I go. The next day I do towels and delicates. I feel like I have more control back in that dept. Also, when I clean, I clean the whole house in one day too.
Having kids help with chores every week helps them and benefits the whole family. My 10 year old has a chore each day (swiffer, vaccuum, sheets on beds, trash, helping pick up the basement). Some people feel it's too much, but he is very responsible now and it will help him in life. My 4 year folds all the washclothes when I have them done. I remember have a chore list each day when coming home from school, but it taught me to work hard and help my family.
Jamie...I just love you! Thanks for being so open and transparent...it makes you relatable! I am like Sara in the previous comment. I do all my laundry in one day. Even if it ALL I get done its OK because the laundry is done and it is a great sense of accomplishmet.
Post a Comment