Hello dear friends! I honestly can't quite believe I haven't written a post since October 1st but alas it's true. I'm hoping to get back in the saddle again!
We just returned from a vacation with my family to Washington D.C. and Williamsburg, VA. It was absolutely lovely - no little children were allowed!! All the grandkids stayed at home (and had a blast I might add) and so we had complete freedom!
What a trip to think about freedom though. As we walked (and walked) all over D.C., I was struck by the sacrifices made by so many throughout our nation's history and even now. I'm humbled as I think of the men and women who have sacrificed their lives to fight for our freedom.
d
d
While in Colonial Williamsburg, Clint was called on to join General George Washington's army. I was quite proud! Isn't he cute? I mean really!
Seriously though, when he marched away with the others it made me think about how painful that would have been to see him go.
d
A young husband leaving his wife and 3 little kids to fight for freedom.
d
It's hard for me to imagine and yet that's the reality facing many American families today.
gd
So let's be praying for these families. I can't pretend to know or understand what they are experiencing but I can pray to the One who does.

5 comments:
Thank you for this motivation and encouragement to intercede!
Can you e-mail me the pic of our family? Great looking pictures!!!
Great post! Great thoughts.
WHERE were ALL the kids?!?!? You said at home, but WITH WHO?!?!?
Thank you for the reminder!!
Good pictures, Jami.
Can you email me the family picture, too, pretty please.
Mom
Post a Comment