Do you ever have those days when you just feel crummy? When little things seem big and small annoyances make you feel like you're going to lose it? When you simply feel run down and overwhelmed?
That was me today. I thought I would share with you a few excerpts from my journal because I have to imagine, I'm not the only one who deals with these feelings.
"Lord, I need You desperately. I feel overwhelmed, down, no energy, just low. Everything feels big."
To be quite honest, I struggle with these types of emotions nearly every four weeks. :) And I hate when I feel this way. Hate it!
I went on to say...
"I know that nothing else - no matter how tempting it is to believe - nothing not food, coffee, friends, Clint, TV...will renew me. ONLY You can and so today with weak hands reaching out I ask you to fill me."
"I look forward to a nap and just time to be with You alone. I pray for a peaceful afternoon Lord. That would be wonderful!"
Not long after writing that....
"I hear Hudson crying in bed. Help me Lord. I am tired."
Sighing, I heaved myself off the couch and went up to help Hudson.
Later on I did get a chance to lay down but Hudson struggled way more than normal. In fact He NEVER slept. For 2 hours, I was up and down and I can tell you I wasn't happy about it. At one point I even got really grumpy with the Lord, "I asked you for a peaceful afternoon Lord!!"
After awhile I gave up on Hudson napping and just let him play. I decided to take a long hot shower (my 2nd one for the day). I think I just wanted to start the day over! :)
While I was getting ready, I thought about how this day would go down as a BAD one. But then I heard His Spirit in me say - Why does the rest of your day have to be bad? You don't have to let the past few hours define your entire day. You don't have to just get by.
Hmmmm. And slowly my attitude started to change.
This is the cool part!
Earlier, I had asked the Lord to fill me up so that when Clint came home I would have energy and love to give him.
By the time He came home, I was a different girl! And it wasn't because I had compelled myself to change, I just felt different! I was happy, motivated, and energized. While we were eating I told Clint that it had been a really tough afternoon. He was surprised because he saw none of that in me.
I LOVE THE LORD! Seriously, He is so AWESOME. He is so real!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Feeling Low?
Labels: what a PERSONAL God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Love the positive attitude! Even on tough days, we can find the energy we need and count our blessings. :)
Post a Comment