Put 2 "Ambitious" (or you could say crazy) mommy's in a kitchen - give them 5 hours and throw 5 kids (4 years and under) in the mix....
AND WHAT DO YOU GET?
12 MEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristy and I heard about "Once a month" cooking on the radio and decided to give it a try. We figured out how many meals could get us through the majority of this month then got together today and COOKED up a storm! Neither of us were sure if we could really accomplish this with all of our kids present but we managed!
We started the day off with a starbucks and a lot of energy! At 1:30, our kids were crabby and we were tired but we HAD ACCOMPLISHED our goal and we were greatly satisfied! My freezer is now stuffed full of delicous meals for the rest of this month!!! YEA!!! :)


10 comments:
Hmmm . . . I'm so intrigued! I'd love to know where you got the recipes and what you used . . .and how it comes out budget wise. It sounds like something so worthwhile to try!!!
Wow! What kinds of dinners did you make that you can freeze? I need ideas! I bet the kids had fun playing together too!
I laid on the couch for 2 hours this afternoon- but I felt like I'd done enough work for the day and deserved it. What fun! And Jessica's quiche recipe was yummy!
Oh my goodness girls! That is fantastic! I am very interested in knowing all the info on this too! (glad you liked the quiche recipe Kristy...it is always better the day after you bake it too!)
Jami! what a great idea. let me know how it works...if you have enough for the month, if it helped the budget, etc. everything looks amazing. made me hungry.
I've always wanted to try that. Can you share your recipes with us?
How fun... probably something I should have done for myself! Sounds like a fun and efficient way to get supper taken care of in the craziness of life. Good for you, ladies!
What a great idea! I too am interested to see how it comes out budget wise and also what recipes you used. Did you both go thru your own recipes and pick out your favs or did you find them online? Keep us updated!
WOW.............You are super mom. Good for you guys. COurtney
Jami,
This is the first time I ran across your blog but I was just looking through your posts and read your anger post. I have been REALLY convicted of this since we got our two children home from Guatemala (3, 15monts). I never really struggled with anger before we got the kids home and then felt so guilty that I could be angry after wanting them home for so long. Anyway I wanted to thank you for your openess and I look forward to hearing your story.
Blessings,
Laura
Post a Comment