Manicotti
1 (8oz.) pkg. manicotti
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 (15oz) ctn Ricotta cheese
1 (16oz) ctn cottage cheese
1 c. grated Mozzarella cheese
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 eggs
Sauce:
29oz tomato sauce
1 TBSP dried minced onion
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
2 garlic cloves, minced (can use garlic in can or garlic powder)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Boil manicotti according to package directions, adding oil to water so they won't stick together. Meanwhile, mix cheeses, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs. Drain manicotti: run col water over it. Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture. Place them in a 9x13 pan. (What I do is just slit the manicotti in half and fill with mixture. Then place them in pan. It all gets covered with sauce anyway. I used to try stuffing the pasta and it was quite difficult.)
Mix all sauce ingredients together. You can also mix in 1 pound browned ground beef (I don't) Pour sauce over manicotti. Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover adn bake 15 minutes more. Makes 8 servings.
Freeze this before baking.
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
Taken from "Renee's Recipe Collection vol. 1" Cookbooks! These are the BEST cookbooks EVER!!! You can order them (Volume ONE is $7.50 + 2.00 shipping) or (Volume TWO for 8.50 + 2.00 shipping). Seriously there are delicious recipes in each book and they used basic ingredients...many of which you have already in your pantries! (I don't get anything for this plug...I just love them!) :)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment