I was just listening to Focus on the Family when I heard them talking with 2 ladies - Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg - who wrote the book "Once a Month Cooking." I was very intriqued and called Kristy and said WE HAVE TO DO THIS!
We got together to plan. Kristy had a cookbook for Freezer Meals and I got "Once a Month.." at the library. We also used some of our own recipes as MOST things can be frozen. I also found this website which gives some good tips about preparing. One I thought especially good was to look at flyers to find what items are on sale and plan your menu accordingly. I just looked at the one page (have not checked out the entire site):
Kristy figured out that each meal cost us around $4.50. Time will tell if this is really a big saver. Our main goal was to have some fun while cooking, spend time with each other, and come away with a lot of dinners! So far so good.
Some of the things we made were:
Manicotti
Tortillini Soup
Bacon, Cheddar Soup
French Bread Pizza
Teriaki Chicken Breasts
I'll post recipes soon!

2 comments:
Don't forget to figure in all the TIME you are saving too- as that is worth a lot, especially this time of year!
Hi Jamie. I've never commented before but I've been following your journey for a long time. You have a great family and that Hudson is such a cutie!!
I must say that you have totally motivated me to cook and freeze meals. I've already told my sister about it and we're going to plan a day to cook. I would LOVE to see your recipes because everything sounded so good!
Post a Comment