Friday, November 16, 2007

RECIPES!!!!!!!

Tortillini Soup
(from my cousin, Cassie)

1 lb. sausage
1 cup onions (chopped)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Brown and drain above ingredients together.

8 cups beef broth
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 tsp. basil leaves
1/2 tsp. oregeno leaves
2 8 oz. tomato sauce cans

Add to meat mixture.

Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes (longer enhances flavor but it is good even right away). Add tortillini (you'll find bags in frozen food section - meat or cheese...I like cheese) and cook 5 minutes. Last sprinkle 3 TB parsley (if desired).

Serves 8-10

If you freeze this soup - wait to add tortillini until right before you serve.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yum! That sounds good. That teriyaki looks awesome, too. Might have to try that this weekend. Looks super easy!

Andrea said...

Oops-I hit publish too fast. I was going to say that before we picked up K, we froze a ton of meals. Chicken pot pie and my "beefaroni". They were super easy and really froze well. Email me at andreaeatherton@hotmail.com for the recipe's if you decide to do another round of meals. It was the best thing I did-made those first few weeks a cakewalk!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin