I have been so thoroughly enjoying the fall colors this year!
A Masterpiece.
I just want to drink it in! (Any Anne of Green Gable Movie lovers out there?)
I wish I could fully appreciate the beauty of God's creation. Sometimes I just burst out in praise to God for His marvelous handiwork!
Yet I long for more.
You know those fluffy clouds, the ones Care Bears sit in? As a child I always wanted to fall into a cloud like that. I'm thinking that in Heaven, I'll get to do just that! :)
Isn't it exciting that in Heaven our longings will be fulfilled?! This world is so beautiful; I can't imagine what awaits us in Heaven.
Praise God that He gives us glimpses of what is to come!
While we're here I want to live life to the fullest! I want to make the most out of my time here. Recently I started reading "The Uncommon Woman" by Susie Larson. I just finished Chapter One but already have a half page of notes.
Oh how I long to be an uncommon woman!
I was struck by Susie's words, "To be an uncommon woman is to do what's unnatural."
I have felt this tug, I'm sure you have too. His prompting to obey in the small ways. To be less selfish, to hold my tongue, to fight pride.
I've succeeded some and I've failed some. I'm just praising God that He is patient with me. That He is speaking to me and giving me opportunities to do the right thing.
Recently, I've felt his chastisement and I have wept over the sins of my heart. Pride, selfishness, critical thinking...need I go on? But I have hope in knowing that He loves me and will keep working on me.
Susie goes on to say, "To be uncommon is to embrace the Lord's discipline that we may become more like Him. The uncommon woman refuses to let her mistakes or weaknesses define her because she is defined by His strengths alone."
So I am not going to sit in despair of my sins but with God's help I will press on. We serve an Awesome Awesome God!
It is His deepest desire that we understand just how loved we are by Him.
One more quote from Susie "When we understand that we were created for His beautiful purpose, our eyes become more focused on what matters."
Do you feel loved?
Do you know that you were created with purpose?
If you doubt this at all, please ask Him speak this to your heart. To show you clearly that He delights in you. He will do it!
Tonight as I write I feel like He is asking me to offer you His Hope.
If you have never asked Him to come into your life and be your personal Savior. Please do it now. You're life will never be the same. You could pray a prayer like this.
Lord, I confess to you that I am a sinner and my sin separates me from You. Please come into my heart and cleanse me. Make me white as snow and make me HOLY. Put your mark on me, I want to be Your child. I commit my life to you right now. Lead me and direct me from this point on. Lord, I praise You!
Please tell someone (I'd love to hear from you) if you have prayed this prayer tonight. I'm praying for you.
I love you all, my dear friends!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Indescribable
Labels: God is GOOD, life lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
"Drink them in, Marilla!" (Klint and I say this all the time):) I must agree - it's beautiful this time of year!!
Thanks for being SOOO transparent! I've been feeling similar tugs too, Jami. Obedience in the small things. Oh, I have a lonnng way to go.
Thanks for your openness!
Amen sweet sister.
I loved this post! May you know that He is working in you and through you and it is BEAUTIFUL.
Thanks for sharing that, Jami. I, too, want to be an "uncommon woman," not because of what I do or who I am, but what God is doing through me and in me!
Oh I too love all the colors of fall! Each season every year I think I love it more than the season before. Aren't we blessed to have a God who gifts us with these treasures every day!
I may have to look into that book. It seems like one I'd enjoy.
Thanks for sharing it with us!
Jami I totally needed this today. Thank you. I also do not want to sit , I just get disconnected sometimes. Thank you for the reminder and insight, you were used today. LA
GREAT POST.
ps... I still watch Anne of Green Gables just to get myself in that perfectly nostalgic mood and to have some time with Gilbert :)
Oh yes....my "kindred spirit" (love Anne), this was beautifully put. And now another book for my reading list. The small parts that you shared were powerful!
Post a Comment