Happy Election Day Tuesday my friends. Have you voted?
At the She Speaks conference, we were challenged to think about why we blogged and to have a specific purpose for it. Recently, I've seen a few girls ask this same question and I wanted to see what you all thought.
So....
1. Why do you blog? What is your purpose in having a blog?
2. Why do you like to read other people's blogs?
I'll go first:
Why do I love blogging...let me count the ways!
1. I blog so I can connect with others; I love to have fun along the way too! It's my heart to be real and open in hopes that you do not feel alone. Your comments often make me feel validated, affirmed and they make me realize that I'm not alone either. So thanks for that!
I also love having a blog because the "everyday" moments of life are the ones I will look back on and treasure most. This is a great place for me to post pictures and the happenings of my kids...stories that I would otherwise forget.
I find that I get less worked up over the little mishaps of our day....less worked up I say....because I think oh, this would make a great post!! :)
2. I love to read other people's blogs because I love to get to know people. To see into their lives and learn from them. This blogging community of ours is a great place to get connected with other women living in all different corners of the world.
I am often inspired and encouraged when I read other blogs - so keep writing my friends! We can learn a lot from each other!!
Now it's your turn! :)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Tuesday's Blend - Why Blog?
Labels: tuesday's blend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I dropped by from On Purpose. I have enjoyed reading your posts! What a blessing! Your whole family!
I blog to communicate with family and friends. To share our joys, our struggles, our prayers, our growth and celebrations! Blogging has been a way to express myself through my thoughts, ponderings and prayers.
I love reading others blogs and see how God is working in their lives. How He is inspiring them, leading them and speaking to them.
My primary purpose of blogging was to update family and friends on our lives. And then I thought this is a great way to journal our life as well. God knows I'll never get it together in a scrapbook!
I love reading others to stay connected when otherwise I would not have the priveledge. How did you find all these other blogs???
Thanks for sharing Jami!
I blog to connect. I spend 99% of my time with a toddler who isn't (YET) interested in talking about faith and politics and life stuff. For me, its a way to minister, to discuss issues of faith, and connect with other people.
Thanks for the reminder to consider that
Post a Comment