Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Many blessings and a big blunder!

Hello friends!

This weekend we were very blessed to attend a Lifesong for Orphans event. It was amazing!

I would like to recap some of my most memorable moments.

We left our children in very capable hands and went off to enjoy ourselves for this overnight event.

I was a happy camper! I love my children but I quite enjoy getting away from them from time to time. Can I get an AMEN?!

I am also a people person in a big way...so much so that my husband called me a "weirdo" (all in love of course!) on Saturday morning when I popped out of bed to meet everyone for breakfast.

I was likely the last person to bed...at least the last to get up from our group that had gathered downstairs after the program. And normally NOT a morning person. Just ask my kids...actually don't ask them - I'm trying to do better!

But when I know that there are new friends to meet, stories to hear, connections to be had - I'm in my glory! And so I spent the weekend learning from others, being inspired, challenged, and encouraged.

I also left with more passion for the orphan and the desire to do more. Praise God!

Another exciting part of the evening was the fact that Andrew Peterson came and sang to us! Clint and I got to sit at dinner with him and his band which was great!

But unfortunately, I sometimes speak words without thinking them through. *Ahem*

In all honesty, I hadn't listened to his music in awhile and didn't know it as good as I now do! So we were asking if we could request a few songs for him to play. He was like "sure" and so we began suggesting some songs.

Then I remembered it, one of my favorites. And with excitement I was like "Oh yeah, can you do the one about the hammer?!!"

The moment suddenly became awkward as I looked at Clint who was shaking his head in embarrassment. And then Andrew said something like, "Um, that's Bebo Norman's song, not mine."

Ouch!!

We all had a good laugh over that one but it was an unfortunate error!

Even with that blunder, the weekend was one I will not soon forget! I'd encourage you to check out Lifesong for Orphans. God is using this ministry in big ways on behalf of the orphan! Praise Him!!

Enjoy your Tuesday, my friends!

6 comments:

Leslie Ringger said...

i just love how in the midst of andrew's obvious emotional pain :) his bandmates were about as thrilled and excited as they acted all night. it was pretty funny.

arlan and katie said...

Oh Jami...I just love it! You make me smile and it sounds like Andrew Peterson too! :)

Anonymous said...

Jami- Love it- it is so me!!! We must be married to great guys that they continue to love us even in our craziness ;). Love, J

Kristy said...

ahhahahahahahaha! Oh Jami, that is HILARIOUS! But oh, how I hate those foot-in-the-mouth moments.... we all have them!
and i can just envision Clint shaking his head in despair.... I think I've seen him do that a few times :)

Alesa said...

Jami, that's so funny! Mark it up as a "made Alesa laugh out loud" comment! Love you!

Flamingo said...

i would have been up late with ya...but i don't know about breakfast;)

that is absolutely HILARIOUS! i can't believe that you told him that song. of coures, i would have done something similar so don't feel like a dork!;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin