Wednesday, November 26, 2008

a Tribute to my Grandparents

Hudson with my Grandpa, his namesake.

(When we received Hudson's referral, we found out that his birthmom named him Edwin. I was so excited because that is my Grandpa's name. We kept Edwin as Hudson's middle name both to honor his birthmom and my dear Grandpa!)
d
Hello friends - my it's been a long time! :)

I am very blessed to have wonderful Grandparents who love the Lord and each other! For several months I've been wanting to "interview" them on camera about their life experiences.

I was inspired to actually get this done by Jen's post the other day of how she did the same thing. Thanks Jen! So yesterday I went over to Grandpa and Grandma R's house and got some footage.

We started with my Grandpa who shared how he became a Christian as well as his army experiences. Then we had to stop because my own "troops" were getting restless. We plan to do more next week hopefully.

I am so excited about this little project. I've heard many of these stories before but I'm learning a lot too. What a blessing to have it captured on video!

I thought I'd leave you with some of my favorite quotes of theirs.
d
From my Grandpa:
d
"Our attitude determines our altitude."
d
"Assume people like you, until they tell you different."
d
"Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."
d
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
d
From my Grandma:
d
"Keep your words soft and sweet. You never know when you'll have to eat them."
d
"If you're too busy to laugh, you're too busy period."
d
"If you worry, why pray? If you pray, why worry?"
d
Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for your legacy of love, faith, and laughter!! I am so blessed by your lives!
d
Who/what are you thankful for today?
d

11 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Such a great, great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

This is really sweet Jami. Words of Wisdom mean so much when coming from those who have been thru experiences & time. Love, J

Anonymous said...

This is really sweet Jami. Words of Wisdom mean so much when coming from those who have been thru experiences & time. Love, J

megs @ whadusay said...

I hope you are planning on making copies of that for others in our family, hint, hint.

Jami said...

oh yes definately!

Nicole said...

Awesome ideas and awesome wisdom! Wow! So glad I stopped here today. I like the one that talks about assuming people like you until they tell you otherwise!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Nicole

Marie Stork said...

"If you worry, why pray? If you pray, why worry?" Love this one! I'm thankful this Thanksgiving for laughter. We all need to laugh--and lighten the load we all carry. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving. Marie S.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh my...what a sweet surprise to find this post. I am thrilled that you were able to do this. What treasures you received from his wise words. They will be such a blessing in your generational legacy. :)

Kathy Schwanke said...

What a legacy you have. i love the quotes! And your kids...oh my, how cute!

Jennifer said...

SO sweet.

Nancy K said...

Just wanted to say...We dearly love your grandparents too! Those quotes made me laugh out loud, not because they are funny but because I have heard them from their lips quite a few times! You are right, they are very special and wonderful examples...to many! So glad you made a video...I sometimes read your blog (from Holli's) Hope you don't mind. God Bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin