Warning: This turned into a longer post than I originally intended. You may want to read it in stages. :)
d
I think I just miss blogging, I mean it's been like 5 days...goodness!
f
Consider yourself warned.
d
Don't you just love the holidays?! This weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving twice and Christmas once!
Good times were had by all! :)
My sisters and me (kind of blurry though). Of course I always have to be in the middle because I AM the middle child you know.
Sunday morning we woke up to find a blanket of snow covering the ground. When Paige walked in, we were excited to share the good news.
f
We were surprised to find out that she had already looked out the window. But she told us, "I always do! I was expecting to see grass but I saw snow!
d
The first snow of the year is always so exciting!!
d
Not as magical as going to a tree farm or anything, but it is cheap!
d
Do you want to hear the best part?
dIT WAS SNOWING!!!
dWe sloshed through the aisles, blinked the snow out of our eyes, and picked the VERY first tree we saw!
f
(I wouldn't have minded looking around a little more, but my man Clint was like "we'll take it." I have come to find out that this is how he always shops (when he shops), the first thing he sees is THE thing. But that is another topic.)
I was smiling all the way especially when Paige and I broke out into Jingle Bells!
c
Oh how I loved the days my family went to find our tree. We did go to a tree farm a few times where we would get little candy canes afterwards.
c
Then we moved on to a local nursery and still the candy canes were given out. But not so at Lowe's. Say it ain't so Joe!
Oh well, my kids don't need little candy canes, right?! The good ole' days.....
d
*Sigh*
dWhere was I?
Oh yes.
d
One of the most enjoyable moments of the weekend for me was giving my Grandma her gift(s). She is one of my favorite people to buy clothes for because she is such a classy lady! I was out shopping on Saturday and the deals were hot!
d
I found 4 different items that I couldn't resist buying for her.
The problem?
We have a budget and as you can imagine, I couldn't afford all four things.
But I could not decide so I asked my mom to pick out what she thought would be the best but she said, "no show her all of them."
So I wrapped up each gift individually and told her to open her gifts. The catch? She would have to choose her favorite because she could only keep one!
I so thoroughly enjoyed this and it's not just because I got a plethora of attention...really Clint, it wasn't just that.
I so thoroughly enjoyed this and it's not just because I got a plethora of attention...really Clint, it wasn't just that.
f
I loved it because my Grandma and my Mom laughed and laughed about it!! I LOVE to make them laugh! :) Oh yes.
dNeedless to say, we enjoyed a fashion show that night! And Grandma left wearing the shirt I got her! Yay!
So that was the this and that of our holiday weekend! How was yours?

9 comments:
We ended up having two thanksgivings, one on Thursday and one on Saturday and it was fun to eat all that and then relax. I am back at work today though, and missing my lazy time on the couch. Trust me, I know this may be one of the last holidays I get to do this with no little one running underfoot. And I am savoring every moment, but looking forward to the change.
We got our tree at Home Depot and it is beautiful. But I did make the husband take me to a real tree lot to admire all the trees that are standing up, not laying down and still wrapped up. We took pictures there and pretended that's where we bought the tree!
Ahh, Jami, I just had to laugh reading your post! I love that you write like you talk! I can just image you telling this story to me in person when I read it like this!
I'm glad that your Grandma enjoyed her shirt...I would've been shocked if YOU enjoyed the attention from it anyway! :) haha!
I love that first pic - will you send it to me!!! :)
I LOVE it! I love the multiple gift idea...just don't try that with your kiddos!;)
I laughed about your description of Clint...I'm just curious if he was that way with girls too:)
You have come to my mind lately - your sweet face just pops into my thoughts. Wanted to let you know I said a prayer for you today!
Blessings,
Renee
PS. Are you in the process of adopting again? I read a little on your blog and it sounded that way. If so, how exciting!
Jami,
Your blog is beautiful!
It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with many special moments!
Thanks for sharing them,
Blessings!
Jami,
Your blog is beautiful!
It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with many special moments!
Thanks for sharing them,
Blessings!
Oh how fun! Lucky.lucky.lucky..I bet the kids loved the snow. can't wait to see the pictures of your tree.
WHAT?? no pictures of your tree? And no pictures of the winning gift?? I'm so dissapointed...Now Jami - if you got my name for Christmas, PLEASE don't do that to me.. I don't know if I could decide on just one :)
Post a Comment