Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adoption Update!

Hello all! Thanks for "coming over" yesterday and for the nice comments! I always love that! :)

We got some good news in the mail yesterday as well!

Our fingerprints have been CLEARED through the FBI and the state of AL meaning we have just jumped across a big hurdle on the road to our child!!

This process took a little under 2 months for us - it could have taken 6 months or more so we are really thrilled!

My stomach was instantly filled with butterflies when I opened my mail yesterday!

The reality that we could be meeting our child for the first time soon is a big one to take in. I am filled with excitement, apprehension, peace, and hope! There is also some fear in there too.

Fear of the unknown.

Who is our child? What are his/her circumstances? Will we feel an immediate bond? Will he/she be a good baby? How old will he/she be? How will he/she adjust? How will WE adjust? Are we having a he or a she?? What is our child's birth family doing right now? How is our birth mother feeling, what is she thinking? Who is she?

BUT...

this is what we DO know.

We know that as soon as we finish our profile (maybe even this week) and send it in, our profile can be viewed by birth mothers in Jan. Once our profile is viewed, we could be chosen. We could have our baby in only a few months!

BUT...

we also know that the only predictable thing about adoption is that it is UNpredictable so we could still be in for a very long wait!

And as of today there are not any birthmothers from our agency who are ready to look at profiles but that could change tomorrow. Again, we don't know.

Regardless, we have crossed over a BIG step!

And most importantly, I know that GOD knows! He knows the answer to my every thought, concern, and question and HE will not leave me!

I know I can trust Him and there is SO much comfort in that!

So we continue to wait, but we wait with a little more excited anticipation...

Your prayers are very appreciated, my friends!

Enjoy your day today and remember whatever UNknown you are facing...He knows!

8 comments:

Happy Four said...

Jaime, I just received our mail and the Borders gift card arrived. Thank you so much for offering the drawing this Christmas Season and again, thank you for drawing my name!

I will be praying for you and your family as you proceed with the adoption process. How exciting!

Merry Christmas and again, thank you!

Caroline

On Purpose said...

This is great news! Praying for to stayed focused on this journey...as it is a hard journey...but oh so rewarding! How is your session developing going for this adoption topic?

Anonymous said...

Very Exciting... It will probably be soon.. so exciting & scary. Love, J

Marie Stork said...

I got butterflies just reading this post. I'm so happy for you!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Thanks for sharing this exciting news, Jami!!

Jess said...

Hey Sweet Friend! I miss you! We are nearing then "end" of our move, so hopefully soon we can catch up. Maybe I can cheer you up in your post holiday blues.

Please check my blog and pray for my friends Lori and Kent who just lost their adoption.

I am praying for your adoption!!! SO excited for you!

Flamingo said...

i know the excitement of fingerprints clearing!!

wow! we could bring home our babies at the same time! who knows!

jajbs said...

I am so happy to hear this update. I know you must be SO excited. I don't get to blog like I used to, but check periodically (even though Bella won't "let" me sit long enough to comment), I still am here reading. You have ministered to my heart SO many times. Thanks for sharing your heart and being so real. I will be praying that it is soon and rejoicing with you when that day comes!!!

amanda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin