Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - What a Year

Today is the last day of 2008...can you believe it?

As time travels faster I want more than ever to live life to the fullest! I want to live with my arms open wide to whatever Christ asks of me. I don't want to hold on tightly to my plans because His are far better than I can imagine.

I often think that if my life went according to my original plans...I would have missed out on so much. Namely - my son Hudson. Lord, thank You!

God has been teaching me a lot this year. I think one of the biggest things is that my value and worth does not lie in what I do or how people perceive me but in the fact that I am a child of the King of Kings!

This year God called me to cut back from some activities and though it wasn't always easy He filled me with peace about each one.

This year I learned more about how to wait on the Lord and simply listen to Him. Still learning...
f
This year I saw God work in unexpected ways.

This year I felt overwhelmed by my children many times. :)
f
This year I had to apologize to my children quite often! Praise God for children who are quick to forgive!
f
This year I felt His presence in new and exciting ways!

This year I went over my grocery budget....ouch!

This year I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of my son's homecoming.

This year I sent my firstborn off to kindergarten.

This year I celebrated 8 years of marriage with my man!

And as the year draws to a close, I think about what next year will bring. I pray it brings us our 4th child. My heart leaps at the thought! I will trust You Lord.

On another note, I'm also thinking about new years resolutions. One of mine is to stay in budget this year for groceries - at least in January!! One step at a time right?!

I'm writing this out to keep myself accountable. December was a hard month for the ole' grocery budget and I'm determined to do better. Determined!

I also hope to read more and I'm starting with Anne of Green Gables! :)

Most importantly, I hope to grow in character and oh, I have so much to learn! I pray that Christ's Spirit will shine in me and through me. I want to see others as Christ sees them...full of value and purpose!

We serve an Awesome God!

God bless you all today and in the coming year!

5 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Anne of Green Gables? Great choice :)

On Purpose said...

You desiring to stay in budget...helps motivate me to do the same...thank you!

Taylor said...

Amen Jami! Good post. Uh, I move too much to read - I wish I could but, well, maybe someday - I am happy that you are going to though - we all want book reports too. Pass on your knowledge of what your reading! Happy New Year sweet friend!

Sissy said...

I loved Anne of Green Gables (the book) and I love the mini-series as well. Ahhh, Gilbert Blythe.

Happy New Year.

Nicole said...

Great goal of staying on budget with groceries. I hear ya there. First off we need to get a reasonable budget and then stick to it. We are going to take Dave Ramsey's class. So excited!!! Happy New Year!

Love,
Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin