Friday, December 19, 2008

A SPECIAL Girl, A Special Day!

Today is Raegan's birthday!! Our little red head turned the big 4 years old!!

I decided to start the day by having the girls make fairy hats. They did a mighty fine job, I'd say!
d
Clint brought doughnuts home at lunch which has become a birthday tradition. I actually got the moment on film - it was pretty exciting! :) I may post some video later...maybe.

Next up - the cake.

Raegan wanted a princess cake so that is what I set out to create! I've told you before that I am not very "artsy craftsy" but I try!!

I made a red headed princess in honor of Raegan.
d
The princess vaguely reminds me of the "one armed bandit" I drew in high school. (Just so you know this "princess" has her hands behind her back!) :)

The girls were a big help.

Unfortunately, the little "r" in birthday could not be found so I just wrote it in. My guess is that this little guy had something to do with the missing piece.
d
Just a guess. :)
It's all good though; it's Raegan's day and she is happy! That makes me happy too!

Just between you and me, there is one thing that bothers me a bit on the cake. You see I gave Paige free reign to do what she liked with the balloons.
d
Doesn't it seem like the top orange balloon should be a little above the other orange...just like the reds, blues, and greens??
d
I encouraged her to move it but she said, No I'm making a pyramid! I love her creative soul!!
d
So with that - I wish you all a very happy weekend! We will be here celebrating our sweet daughters big day!
d
I am a blessed woman!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Love the princess hats...cool idea. I think my daughter, Paige who will be 4 in a few weeks, will love that.

Kristy said...

Awe, grea job on the cake, girls! H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, RAE!!! We love you! U. Chad & A. Kristy

Sissy said...

Very cute cake! I am so bad at decorating cakes, even though I am artsy in other areas. But you did a great job, and you certainly had some cute helpers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! And darling cake...

Anonymous said...

Raegan looks SOOOO proud! Your cake is so cute and you definitely inspired me to try something similar!

Taylor said...

Cake looks great! Probably better than what I would do! Happy Birthday Rae!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin