Friday, December 12, 2008

HE is my Everything!

Hello friends! It's FRIDAY!!! I love the weekends - and tonight is especially fun because I don't have to cook. Hooray! We're going to my mom's to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday with friends! It should be grand!

I want to thank you for your sweet comments from yesterday's post, I really appreciate it. And Tam - I would get a MAC in a heart beat but my main man said NO. :)

Today has been a better day and for that I'm thankful. A variety of factors played into my foul disposition yesterday- lack of sleep, too many hormones (can all of the women say AMEN?!), a messy house, slight colds, etc. etc.

BUT I really believe the main reason for my mood was the fact that my time with the Lord hasn't been the best.

I've still been reading most everyday (I have missed some I confess) but I haven't been delighting in Him and oh how I miss Him when I don't.

Today I stopped and really spent time with Him, I leaned my head back on the sofa and dreamed with Him. No I didn't sleep, I dreamed! :) These are my favorite times with the Lord.

These are the times that I get inspired and motivated.

We serve an Awesome God, my friends! He is alive and wants to reveal Himself to us.

Everytime, I said EVERYtime I ask Him to show Himself to me in a new way, He does it! I have learned to live in expectation of Him because He has proven Himself faithful-over and over-in the little ways and the big ones.

Don't you just love Him?! He thrills my soul!

Have you delighted in Him today, my friends?

He will fill you up with His peace and joy; just ask Him and then look for Him. He won't let you down!

Have a great weekend, all!

4 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

So, what were you and the Lord dreaming up this time!! :)

Can't wait for tonight either. Whoo Hoo!!!

Angela said...

Jami,
You won on my giveaway! Just e-mail your address and I will send you the book Alex: The Life of a Child. My email is elpanesta@aol.com. Congratulations! And I'm glad you are having a better day!
Angela

Jennifer said...

Yes, HE is soooo good! Glad you are having a better day.

Kathy Schwanke said...

Amen!! and Amen!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin