Monday, December 29, 2008

Back in the blog world again....

Hello friends!

So, how was your Christmas?

Ours was good, though by the end my kids simply had enough. I knew this because of the extra whining, throwing of tantrums, and other wonderful behaviors they exhibited.

We had 3 Christmases (is that a word?) in a row. That probably didn't help.

At the end of the last Christmas, Raegan kind of lost it...a couple of times. Then ever so dramatically she stated - "This has been a terrible day!" I wish you could hear her because writing it just doesn't do it justice!

It's good to see that she really gets the true meaning of Christmas!

Actually we did have a lot of fun and I thank God for our families. We are truly blessed and I don't ever want to take this for granted!

The story of Jesus struck me in a new way this year. I am simply awed by the fact that Christ used the most humble way to come into this world.

It's amazing! He's amazing. And I'm grateful that this is the God we serve! Never again should any of us use the excuse that we don't have enough to offer.

Never again should we compare ourselves with others. He has given each one of us talents and gifts and he wants us to use them!

We've come up with a new slogan in our home regarding Christmas presents. "Gifts are for sharing."

And this is what God calls us to do too. He can and will do AMAZING things with our lives...if we allow Him to. If we are willing to obey Him.

As easy as it is to write the words "never again," the comparison battle is not an easy one to win.

I struggle with it often - even in the blog world! (She is so clever and creative, look how many comments she got, etc.)

Sometimes I want to be somebody different - more like her. But Christ continues to reaffirm His love to me.

You are precious in My sight!

You are full of worth and value because you are my child!

I created you with purpose. I have great plans for you!

This is His heart for all of us. So I'm praying for you today, my friends! Praying that you will feel His love for you and that you will open your hearts to whatever He has planned for you.

Isn't it exciting to think about?! We serve an Awesome God!

Praise Him!!

4 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Amen and amen to your wise words, and also to completely understanding the "had enough" part :)

Joyful said...

Thanks for reminding me today how precious I am to God. Thank you also for your kind comment and your prayers. Your kindness has touched my heart.

LOVED your family picture in the previous post! Beautiful!

Happy New Year,
Joy

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great perspective, Jami...especially during the Holidays (comparison battle is big)!

Thanks for sharing...

Marla said...

Great post, Jami

Love, Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin