Because often God smiles and says, wanna bet?!
By the way, in Monday's post I warned you about it being too long. I've decided that I'm not going to do that anymore because I think today's post is even longer. Sometimes that just happens! :) So I'm not warning you about today's post okay?! *wink wink nudge nudge*
I love the Lord, don't you?! I love how He continues to mold me and remind me that His plans are better than my own.
Here is a recent example.
About 3 weeks ago, I told Clint "I will NEVER babysit again!" Now just for the record, I used to babysit and it was great for that season. But due to the fact that I now have 3 busy children and one on the way, I felt safe making this rather bold statement.
But God.
If you read Lysa Terkeurst's blog you'll know that she loves those two words together. I completely agree.
Two neighbor kids have been coming over to our house after school on occasion to play. "A" is in 4th grade and her brother "C" is in 1st. They stay with their great grandma 3 days a week. Recently I found out that Grandma is having health problems and is going to move. So A and C needed a place to go.
From the beginning of the school year, God has given me such a love for these kids and I enjoyed getting to know them at the bus stop.
I didn't know if I was ready to babysit them on a regular basis though so when I heard about their situation I didn't say anything but started praying that God would show me what to do - if anything.
Strangely, my desire began to change. I started to want them around more. I wanted to babysit them. Hmmm.
I am a proactive person by nature and so sitting back and waiting isn't easy for me. I often want to charge ahead and do, but God is teaching me that waiting is good too! :) So I continued to pray knowing that God knows what is best for my family.
A few days later C told me that someone down the street was going to be watching them. I actually felt relieved and hoped that they would still stop by in the future.
Then about a week later I was talking to God about the next generation and how I wanted to be used of Him. "Lord, please provide a tangible way for me to serve you."
A and C came over the next day and I asked them about their new sitter. A told me that the new sitter might not be watching them now. I realized then that I was really glad and began hoping that God would have ME be their new sitter. As much as I wanted to say I'll do it, I sensed Him saying, Wait.
That night I had trouble falling asleep.
I told Clint that my heart was just busting because I wanted to be there for these kids who I'd fallen in love with. I wanted to be able to make a positive impact on them and show them Jesus.
I also loved the fact that when they were at my house, all of my children played happily over the most difficult hours of the day ~ 3:30-5!
So I asked God to show me clearly by having their mom approach me. That evening their mom called and asked me if I would be interested in watching them after school! Talk about a quick response, Lord!
I gave her an immediate YES! She wondered if I wanted to talk to Clint and I was like, I already have! So I start this Monday!! God is good.
I just love how He changes me! It was this same way with our adoption. My fear was turned into passion and excitement. So saying YES became easy, because His desires became my desires!
What an Awesome God we serve!
I'm not naive to think that it's going to be all roses but I so clearly saw God's hand in this that saying NO wasn't an option. He has big plans for these kids and I'm excited to be a part of it!
So, what desire has He placed on your heart today? He will bless your obedience!
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Ps. 37:4
I love you friends!!
Stay tuned because tomorrow is another Interview with a Birthmom!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Never say never
Labels: God is GOOD, life lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your journey is so beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us all! I love to see Jesus...and He is most definitely shining brightly through you!
I've always said a few extra kids make no differenc to me and I'm with you--the kids play nicer together. Have fun!
I love your heart, Jami. What a great post.
you're so funny --- I don't think your posts are too long at all! And I did a little catch-up tonite; I love the photo with all the kids circling the screen PLUS you and your sisters! I always wanted a sister! I'm so glad my Pookie has her baby sis!
Blessings, Jami!
(oh - and interviewing your grandparents is such is such a legacy for you and your children. Good job!
Post a Comment