On Christmas Eve, Paige prayed a very sweet prayer for "our" three kids that went something, very much like this.
"Dear Lord, we pray for these three kids that they would be ours and come home soon. Maybe we could get a call on Christmas saying that they were going to be ours! If that happened, that would be well, the best Christmas gift I could ever get. But if they are not to be ours, we pray that they will get a loving Christian family. Amen"
It warms my heart to hear my kids praying for L, T, and J. Kids from across the country whom they have never met but yet they also love them and WANT them to be part of our family.
The Lord knows how this journey will unfold. I have to give Him my heart continually because it is hard, the waiting and the unknowns. I feel as though I'm in the midst of a spiritual battle. Satan has been throwing some heavy darts of condemnation, lies, and discouragement my way and sometimes I feel so weary in the battle but the Lord has given me His strength. He has filled my heart with joy and He has used some dear friends to encourage me and bless me along the way. Thank You Jesus!!
I would so appreciate your prayers during this time. My spirit longs to make the most of every moment, to learn and grow in the waiting but my flesh is weak. And I would LOVE to have some answers, some completion, a turn of the page for all of us - us and these three kiddos.
Ultimately, I want Jesus to be glorified in it all!
I'm holding on to this verse.
"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you His peace at all times and in every situation." II Thess. 3:16
And this verse. "May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him." II Thess. 1:11-12
And this. "But the Lord is faithful, He will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one." II Thess. 3:3
Oh and this one too! "May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ" II Thess. 3:5
I love you all! Let's walk in obedience - one step at a time. He's got a plan for you and for me. Let's live all out for HIM!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
The Best Christmas Gift
Labels: our domestic adoption journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is so sweet Jami! I said a prayer for your family and the future expansion of it!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
You are a sweet heart!
Post a Comment