Monday, December 7, 2009

ONLY God

Hello friends! Happy Monday!

I gotta tell you this story...

On Thanksgiving, I was telling my cousin the story I shared with you all on Wednesday. As I was talking about those three dear kiddos, she asked "What are their names?"

I started with the oldest, "L" and then "T..." She stopped me before I told her the youngest child's name and said "J???!!!"

My jaw dropped and my stomach did a flip flop as I stuttered out the words, "H..O..W do you know them?"

Apparently, last spring my cousin's friends SAW their picture, INQUIRED about them, and were PRAYING about ADOPTING them!

My cousin was also PRAYING for these 3 kids, "our" 3 kids this past spring/summer!!!

Is that not crazy?!! It didn't work out for her friends to adopt them, and soon after they actually adopted an infant but they were PRAYING for these children.

AMAZING...

It is quite obvious to me that God has his hands on these kids. He has a specific plan for them (as He does for us all) and I don't know if we are just another link in the "prayer chain" or if we are their forever family but I do know that this was no coincidence.

God is working, He is moving and I am so humbled and thankful to be on this ride.

I don't know what His plan is for me and my family, but I do know I don't want to miss it! He is the Lamp guiding my every step, I don't need to know what tomorrow will bring, I just need to trust Him today and walk in obedience. Step by Step. This is my prayer for you too.

Open up your hands, give him your heart, your finances, your home, your life. Give Him everything and He WILL give back in greater ways than we can imagine.

My heart is so full right now. I feel so blessed, so loved, so excited! Life with Him is AMAZING!

I love you all. Know that I would love to talk with you or pray with you...anytime.

Even more, know that He would too. Don't miss Him today.

8 comments:

Leah said...

Amazing God!!

Holli said...

AMAZING AWESOME and not so surprising when it comes to our GREAT GOD!!! :) Praising Him for you and your family!! Will be praying for L, T and J!

Linda Schuhmacher said...

To us humans we may say what a small world, but we all know God's is greater & much bigger. Praying for you and look forward to updates. Shine for Jesus, Linda

Jess said...

Wow, God does have his hands in this!!! I love hearing more details of this story!

Anonymous said...

How cool!! You know God is working and it's way bigger than you could ever imagine. He is so Awesome.

Praying for you!!

Jill

Amber said...

Clint and Jami - Amber told me I needed to come read your posts about the latest steps in your family's journey - so I/we have and will be praying for you. It's exciting to see God clearly moving with you in this journey.

And Jami, Mrs. Matthews would be proud of your ability to tell a story and keep people hanging on for days!

Ryan and Amber

Anonymous said...

Praying with you. God has you on a fantastic journey! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
Deb Everly

Smileyface said...

God is so good.....so awesome to see how He's bringing every detail together in His perfection and timing in your journey!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin