I woke up early today and couldn't fall back asleep because my heart and mind were racing with ways to serve kids in the foster care system right here in our own community.
I feel so strongly that we as Christians need to step up and be the hands and feet of Jesus - to care for the fatherless, to love on those in need. There are so many ways to do this and I believe 2010 is going to be a big year for the orphan! I can't wait to see what He does in the lives of the orphan and also in the lives of those God uses to care for them. Maybe this will be you?!
"Ready the troops, Lord. It's time to GO!" was what I wrote in my journal this morning. It's time to drop to our knees and pray pray pray. I didn't realize how these words would resonate with me later in my day because today, I talked with "our" kids' social worker again.
Honestly, I hadn't really planned to call - it just kind of happened! That's often how I work, I got that feeling that welled up inside of me - like a fire in my belly and I asked the Lord if I should call and then I dialed that number.
As soon as she answered I felt nervous and stammered around trying to get as much info. as I could without being a major annoyance! Here's what I found out.
She has reviewed our home study but she sent out for MORE home studies from others and told us to "go ahead and look at other children." Other children?? What does that mean?
Basically she feels a family with no other children would be best for these kids. Obviously that's not what I wanted to hear but I truly want what is best for them too. God knows who they need and who needs them. And though, this social worker is the one who is making the decision, GOD alone "sets the lonely in families." I find great comfort in that fact - where ever they end up, He will meet their needs - I am clinging to this belief.
Wondering if the door was completely shut, I asked her "Do I give up hope then?" She told me not to give up, so she hasn't totally crossed us off her list. So that is good, right? :)
Then I asked for a time frame - "When can I expect to hear anything?" Her answer, "4-6 MONTHS before you would hear anything." 4-6 months....
This is because of ICPC - (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children). When you want to take children out of their home state, there are extra steps and paperwork that must be taken.
So after hanging up with her, I just layed my head on the counter and let the realization that this could be a much longer wait and one that may not even end up with these kids.
And then I thought about my prayer earlier today. "Ready the troops Lord." And so I'm coming to you - asking for your prayers. God hears the prayers of the righteous. Please, will you band with us to pray these kids home. Wherever HOME is for them. Will you pray for us, that we will have wisdom. When to speak up, when to stay quiet. When to send an email or make a call, and when to sit back.
I simply want to follow God's lead. My joy is in HIM. But my heart does long to hold these kids in my arms and care for them. To walk them through life - to let them know that they are special, chosen, loved. To give them a place to belong and a family to call their own.
I know my Lord loves them more than I can imagine and with open arms I entrust them to Him. I give Him my heart, my hopes, my dreams. I give Him the authority to be who He is in my life and in theirs. I give Him my desire to control this situation.
And I wait, with expectancy of what lies ahead.
2010 is going to be a big year, I believe. Will you pray with us?
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Adoption Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Praying for you and the children!!!!!!!!!! You are SUCH A GREAT example to us all!!!! HE will bless you, Jamie
i am praying for you and for these children. All through history God has changed peoples minds despite what they wanted to do, he has made paths in unexpected places and I know that I know that I know ... if He means for these children to be yours ... they will be and if He means for it to happen sooner than it will! i am praying for you all, for the journey and for the growth that takes place in the journey.
praying...for you and these three precious siblings.
I have been praying for them Jami...there has to be a purpose in all of this. I can't imagine being on your end, though! Hang in there!
Jami, Hi! First While I am waiting is my favorite song. I continue to pray for your family & we completely understand the long process of foster/waiting children, it is a long road, but worth hanging on for. Been there 5 times & still waiting on 4 & 5 to be completed. I pray God will bring you the peace until your special choosen children can join your family. Blessed New Year!
I will pray with you Jami! I love the desire Jesus has placed in your heart to shepherd stray children. I am thankful He fulfills the desires of every living thing. Just think, the children desire a family and you desire to be their family.
God can! In His speed! I pray that he will open every door, and you will see where He is leading!
Blessings in 2010!
jami, i know how discouraging this can be. I have several friends and people within my church adoption ministry that have done foster adoptions. wow...it takes perseverance that is for sure! don't give up. keep praying. these children may still be placed with you...however, God may have used them just to change your course of direction. there are so many kiddos out there. thanks for inspiring and reminding!
Praying for you all. Love, J
thanks for keeping us posted jami, i've been wondering what your status was.
that song is one of my all-time favorites...one of those 'life songs'
thanks for sharing and love you much
PRAYING!!!
This has been my theme song for what has felt like forever.... We are calling 2010 the YEAR OF HOPE!! I am praying your HOPE is strong and same for the children!!
Post a Comment