Some things have been happening lately that have led us closer to "our" 3 kiddos. We have made contact with their social worker, I actually was able to talk to her on the phone yesterday! We sent our home study and our profile via fax the other day and she will review it along with several others that she has received. (It feels very much like before when birthmothers would look at our profile along with several others.)
The thing is we have not taken the foster care training classes yet, which are required before a child or children can be placed in our home. We'll be taking them Jan. - March. I have heard of instances where exceptions have been made and so that's what I'm hoping!
We already have our home study and our foster license, just not the specific classes. SO, this may be a big deterrent. The social worker may simply disregard us because of this. If so, that's obviously in the Lord's plan too.
The timing of all of this has not taken Him by surprise. He is in complete control. He has already used these kids to CHANGE Clint and me and to change our perspective and direct our passion to the hundreds of kids in the foster care system.
I have to say, I felt a little more discouraged tonight as I think that the likelihood of us getting these kids is probably slim. I've feared the pain of another "rejection" another NO. I am so ready to MOVE, to GO, to ACT. The Lord has filled me with His passion. He has changed my heart. I love Him and I just want to share Him with those in need, specifically these kids.
The waiting can get tiresome and yet I fully want to embrace this time because obviously God has us in this season for a reason. I just have to continually refocus on Him. His plan is perfect. His will is BEST. He knows the beginning and the end! He is my confidence and where I put all my trust! I just LOVE Him and I give Him all the GLORY.
Thanks for your prayers, for us...but even more for these kids, who by the way are all together in the same foster home, Praise God for that!
Have a great weekend, friends!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Out Of My Hands
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praying for you friend. You said it best, He has you in this season for a reason and His plan is best. I encourage you to continue to "be still and know He is God!" If He desires to move this mountain, nothing stands in His way. And if He chooses to place these kids somewhere else, He has reasons, possibly for them or your three kids in your home already.
Praying for God to give you and Clint wisdom and a peaceful spirit as you continue to wait on Him...
Love you, A&J
Found your blog today through Lifesong. I am mom to 7, 3 youngest from China, and we are beginning foster care classes next week. We'll see what God has in mind. Loved your idea of fixing up the room where kids wait....already have ladies in our church thinking that one through and checking things out here. New foster baby coming to our church this week. God...open our eyes to do more of what you want us to do....
Post a Comment