Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Can't Shake This Feeling...

Tonight I took my girls out for some last minute Christmas shopping. We had a strange encounter that still sends chills up my spine.

At one point, Paige stopped to unwrap and throw away a starburst. I was watching her the whole time from several feet away. An older man walked up to her and said something to her. She responded back and then he looked up, caught eyes with me, gave me kind of a thumbs up and walked away.

I quickly asked Paige what he said to her. Apparently he came up to her and said "Hi. Where's your Mom and Dad?" She told him where I was standing which is when he saw me and walked away.

Honestly, I didn't think too much of it then but since coming home and telling Clint, I feel really eerie about the whole thing. It could have been nothing but he could also have been up to some real trouble. It all makes me shudder. What do you think?

Thank You, thank You, thank You Lord for watching over my little girl.

9 comments:

Jess said...

AHHHHH!!! Scary! I've been having nightmares about this sort of thing. I get overly freaked out about this stuff, so I am wondering if you should call the police just to let them know that you saw a guy that was asking something like that, what he looked like and where he was.

Thank you Jesus for keeping Paige and all of our kids safe.

Marla said...

Makes me shudder. I am so thankful you did not let her out of your sight. It is a good prayer reminder. Thank you Jesus!

Mom

Jami said...

Good suggestion Jess. I did go ahead and call them (after reading your comment!) You never want to make a bigger deal, BUT it didn't hurt anything to call and it could help. Thanks!

Jess said...

I am glad you did. I felt strongly that I should mention it. I didn't know though if the police can worry about something at that point. But, I am glad you passed on info that could make someone else safer. Was it somewhere that would maybe have security guard like the mall or Target? Maybe they'll pass the info on to them. Creepy.

I've been brought to my knees about this lately. Could be pregnancy hormones and nightmares. But yeah, you remind me how important it is to turn the fear into prayer for the safety of our children.

kimberly said...

I can't help but think maybe he was a good guy looking out for what he thought was a little girl by herself. When he saw you, he was reassured that she wasn't alone. I guess I always hope for the good. I'm glad you were close by though!

Jami said...

That's my number 1 hope too. :)

Could of just been a very nice older man, but just the very thought of the other makes me cringe. All it all, it has reminded me how precious my kids are to me! :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

I'm probably NOT a good one to ask because I am a very paranoid person...to a fault. BUT, that would have made me VERY, VERY uncomfortable. Glad you were watching her!

Jess said...

Josh pointed out the fact that he was probably someone that was really making sure she knew where her mom was. So, I felt bad for 100% suspecting him. But, it never hurts to be aware of how easily it could happen.

LouLou said...

Jami!!! Unfortunately I jump right to the creepy side..... On the other hand my daddy talks to all kids...all the time. I try to tell him that parents may not understand, and he says he won't stop being who he is just because of the perverts out there.... I pray that man only had good intentions, but living in a fallen world makes me realize he probably wasn't.... I am praising God that you were RIGHT there with her either way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin