Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So We Had a Birthday!

On Saturday, my Raegan turned 5!!!
Of course, there had to be some drama on the birthday of my little drama queen, though this time is wasn't from her! You see, I made this cake earlier in the day.

We don't really do big parties around here, instead we let the kids pick something special that we can do as a family. So of course Raegan picked Chuck-E-Cheese!

Being the very selfless mommy that I am (ahem) I said "Sure, baby whatever you want!"

Actually that isn't true. Instead, I cringed at the very thought of doing Chuck - E - Cheese again, and so I said "Raegan how about we all dress up and go out to a fancy restaurant for your birthday instead? Wouldn't that be fun?!!" Fortunately, for me Raegan is a girly girl and so she was all up for that idea!!

While we were getting ready later that night, we were of course were preoccupied. Everyone was upstairs, everyone except Hudson. Clint ran down to look for him and this is what he saw.


Oh yes.

Hudson was hiding under the table with frosting all over his face.

My boy does have a sweet tooth, yes he does. He's been known to wake up in the morning and get into leftover candy, granola bars, or once even a grape Popsicle. We typically find him in one of three places: hiding behind the chair in the living room, under the counter, or under the table.

And he ALWAYS has a guilty expression. Always.

And so, as we all sat around to eat birthday cake later that night, poor Hudson just had to sit. He had already had his share, and more!

So happy birthday Raegan! You are my crazy, hugable and lovable little red head. I love you so much!!

4 comments:

On Purpose said...

It takes us all to make a family!

Merry Christmas Jami!

Jennifer said...

cute cute. This is a perfect example of what makes childhood memories so memorable.

Thanks for sharing~~

Sissy said...

It's a good thing you have that before picture to prove what a pretty cake you made! I'm happy that you had a great day and that she had a good time!

The Muellers said...

Hilarious! I can just picture little Hudson and his adorable face. Thanks for sharin the story. Jeff and I laughed a lot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin