Monday, September 6, 2010

contemplating...

You know, change is always uncomfortable at first - that's what they say. And typically I like change. For the most part, it excites me. But it's been a little different this time. Little sis is coming today. We will be a family of eight for I don't know how long. Could be one year or two. Could be forever and when I start to think about that, my mind starts to spin and I get a pit in my stomach. It sounds overwhelming. It sounds like more than I can handle. And you know what, it is. But God can handle it.

Satan has been throwing darts my way these past few days (since finding out about little sis). He's been whispering in my ears words like...

"You can't do this."

"What are you thinking?"

"You are too weak for this."

"You are going to wither up like an old dead flower."

And, he is right. If I lean on my own understanding. If I allow pride to take over. If I try to muster up the energy, the compassion, the good attitude, I will fail. I will fall hard BUT, praise God, I don't have to depend on me.

My job is to lean hard on the Lord. To trust Him. To allow His love to fill me up to overflowing, so that He will love through me. My job is to be still and get to know Jesus more so that I will know His voice and obey. His is the voice of truth. And this is what He, my faithful Lord is speaking to my soul...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

"Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness." Isaiah 58:10

"My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness... For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9, 10

"I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want and it will, and it will be granted....REMAIN IN MY LOVE. John 15:5-7, 9

Thank You Jesus, for what You are doing and what You are going to do. I will wait expectantly for Your abundant provision and love. I want to experience You more! Amen!

4 comments:

Gina said...

I so love all your posts! I'm praying your family will have a blessed day today.

Jill said...

Praying for you guys!

Laura said...

Jamie,
I haven't checked blogs for a while but read through some of yours tonight! Wow, what a journey God has for you! I am praying for your family!

Shannan Martin said...

You can DO this! You are such a blessing and encouragement. And you're so right - we need to lean Hard. Why do we have to be reminded of this again and again? When will it ever become second nature?

Praying for you...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin