Little sis is here! She truly is a joy and has made me laugh many a time. It is awesome to see her play and laugh with her brothers and they with her. Thank You Jesus!
All was going so very well, BUT...........
I started to notice something. She seemed to be itching her head a lot. And itching. And itching.
People, she has HEAD LICE! And I have been pretty much a mess over it, to be honest.
Uhhhh.
We've all been treated now. We've vacuumed, we're in the middle of laundry, laundry, laundry and I'm trying to remember that there are many things so much worse then this.
This has not taken the Lord by surprise. It has taken me by surprise but not Him. He is my strength. I need to remember that because it's my tendency right now to freak out, stress out, worry, and be a complete mess about it.
I think we can all agree that there is never a dull moment around here! I'm praying we get this episode over and done with quickly. Will you pray that I can be calm about it all and not stress? I would truly appreciate that!
God is my strength, God is my strength.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
so totally not what i was expecting
Labels: our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
i've been itching ever since i heard! oh james, what a bummer! praying for you, sis!
somewhere, somewhere in there is a funny story. you just don't see it right now. but it's there. :)
UGGGHHH!!!! My head started itching as I was reading. Praying for you!!!
oh gina i hope it will be funny. right now i just feel like crying!
uhg!!!!!!!!
I'll be praying for you! I know I would be stressing out also!
Praying for you Jami, and that all of the lice is gone forever:)!
Your latest posts have been inspiring and helpful! Your family is in my prayers!
I was thinking more along the lines of it being so insane that you have to laugh...or you will cry. Maybe someday when you are old and grey and you retell the story. :)
oh Jami, what a mess. we just had a lice-scare in my kindergarten/first grade classroom. it drove me nuts too! i felt like i had to clean EVERYTHING...nasty! but you will get over it eventually. one mom told me to get tea tree oil from a health food store to put in your kids hair because she felt that the lice shampoo was hard on their hair/head. just fyi! i'll be praying for you!!!!
~sarah q
Saw your comment on our blog. I see our two families share a never-a-dull-moment life with many kids and always some type of excitement! So sorry to hear of the head lice. God is our strength and is in control! Exciting to hear of the story God is unfolding through your lives through foster care and adoption!
Post a Comment