Life gets busy, even for the tooth fairy and unfortunately sometimes little children get disappointed.
For example,
When Paige lost a tooth recently (at approx 9pm one night), she came down from bed and showed us her treasure. She then carefully placed the tooth under her pillow and dreamed excitedly of what she might find in its place the next morning.
Night fell, morning came and I awoke to a little girl who marched into my bedroom, same tooth in hand, frown on her face.
Having been so abruptly awakened, I muttered something like "Uhh, oh, oh what happened? The tooth fairy must have forgotten. Oh dear, maybe she's still on her way. Quick go put the tooth back. Go, go, go."
Paige reluctantly did as I suggested.
While she was getting dressed, I ran downstairs and thumbed through my wallet finding four quarters and then slipped into her room and quickly shoved them under her pillow.
I then asked the girls if they had heard anything. "I did, Raegan" said dreamily. "So did I" Paige said with wonder if her eyes.
And so I prompted her, "quick, quick, quick go check it out Paige!"
She ran over to her bed but then stopped short and said rather dryly, "the tooth better be gone."
Realizing I had forgotten that little tiny detail (removal of said tooth), I shouted (in a high pitched, squeaky kind of way) "Paige! Go brush your teeth!!"
With a look that was both knowing and yet still dreamy, she complied and when she was out of eye sight, I frantically grabbed the tooth and stuffed it away. (long deep sigh)
And then again I encouraged her to look under her pillow.
So, after that very long and drawn out kerfuffle, her tooth was gone and she was one dollar richer; we were both very happy.
And that is the end of my sad story turned happy! Good night friends!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
i'm not always so smooooth...
Labels: growing up, just life, life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No worries Jami, the smae thing has happened at my house. However I say Opps the tooth fairy must of forgotten becasue she is getting old. :)
I've done the same thing too. I said you have to put the tooth in the exact right place or the toothfairy doesn't know about it. Does that count for lying? :)
--Amy Masters
Post a Comment