Tuesday, September 28, 2010

when i'm not there

It's hard to believe that Raegan (our second born) is in school. She started the big K several weeks back and I am thankful to report that she is really loving it.

Most of the time.

During the second week of school Raegan shed some tears before getting on the bus. It broke my heart because she wasn't fighting going or throwing a fit, she was just simply sad. She tried to hold herself together but she couldn't keep the tears from flowing. As I watched her climb on the bus, my heart ached for her.

I whispered many a prayer on her behalf that day and anxiously awaited her homecoming. Thankfully, she bounded off the bus happily and then pulled a piece of paper out of her backpack.
"I made this for you Mommy! To show you that I love you."

Apparently, she drew this on the bus in the midst of her sadness and it brought her joy!

That's what I call art therapy!

The next day while waiting for the bus, she felt sad again. And with a wavery voice, she announced "Today I'm going to draw you AND Daddy!"

And the story continued, day after day she brought me home a picture to describe her love for me or her daddy.

That has kind of stopped now (sigh) and I realize that I must record these events now or I may never do it. I want to look back and remember. Remember the beautiful, the ugly, the mundane, the lovely and the unexpected.

Tuesday's Unwrapped: Linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Love Raegan!!! She is a sweet little girl!!! xoxo to her!!

Leslie Ringger said...

what a sweetie!

Katie said...

How precious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin