Today as I looked around at the piles of laundry, the uncleaned kitchen and the messy house I decided that I needed a nap. Quiet time came and this was my only chance, the work would have to wait. I opened my windows and fell on my couch, thankful for this lovely time.
I set my alarm and when it rang, I wasn't sure I really wanted to get up but I had scheduled enough time to get some stuff done before the girls got home from school and the little ones woke up. I saw my Bible on the coffee table and decided a good word from the Lord might help me get myself going.
I opened my Bible and read,
"For I [the Lord] have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.
At this, I woke up and looked around. My sleep had been very sweet." Jeremiah 31:25-26
Isn't that cool?! I just had to share that with you all! Oh how He makes me smile! And now, the dishes mustn't wait any longer.
Enjoy this beautiful weekend, dear friends!
Friday, September 24, 2010
my personal God
Labels: what a PERSONAL God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love it. (Probably because I'm a bit weary, too!)
Post a Comment