Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Day in D.C.

Last week we went to Washington D.C. with Clint's brother, Chad and his wife, Kristy. We had tons of fun!

While riding the metro into the city, Clint was studying the map and decided that if we got off the blue line and jumped onto the yellow line, we could make it there more quickly. Chad said "No, way man"...or something like that but Clint felt that it was a better decision. So Kristy (I think) said let's race! Whoever makes it to the steps of the capital building first wins! Loser buys coffee for all.

As we waited for the yellow line, Clint prepared to race! He won second in State back in high school for cross country you know! :) So I felt for sure we had this in the bag. I could already taste my coffee!

As you can see, we won!! By just a few minutes but the satisfaction was great! :)

We met a very nice policeman who took our picture for us. Chad handed him the camera and said, "Just point and shoot." With a sly smile on his face, Keith the cop said, "That's what we do!" To which we swifty responded, "the CAMERA please....the CAMERA!!" :)



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jess said...

These are all great pictures Jami. I hope you had a really blessed time.

lifelaughterchaos said...

How cute are you guys?!

You were much closer to my neck of the woods...I live about an 1 1/2 hrs from DC. My aunt and uncle live there.

So glad you enjoyed your getaway...how refreshing!

Angel said...

Point and shoot!!! How funny. I love DC. Just love it. It looks like so much fun. Angel

Katie said...

How Fun!!!! Did not know about Clint and the running.

Anonymous said...

Jami, such fun pics and great stories!

Love ya, Jill

Blog Widget by LinkWithin