Tuesday, March 11, 2008

tales from a sniffling, tired, and "blahzay" mommy...

Yesterday started out like any other...

Hudson crying in his crib welcoming me into another day. Raegan wasn't too far behind. The whining or should I say begging for breakfast soon became intense enough to force me out of my soft, warm, wonderful bed.

Then she did it, Raegan ran right into Paige's room and shouted WAKE UP PAIGE, We need to be mermaids and go to the mermaid kingdom!! (side note: every morning, Raegan immediately changes into her swimming suit because she is a mermaid "and mermaids don't wear clothes..") I think we've watched that Dora too many times. Anyway, I jumped out of bed to errrr....gently remind Raegan that you DON'T WAKE UP YOUR SISTER!!"

Regardless, the whole crew was awake and apparently STARVING. As I was pouring the capt'n crunch, I started feeling "whoosy" and hot. All I could think was GET TO THE COUCH! You see, I am "suffering" from a bad cold. The kind where your nose feels as though it's going to burn right off and where you are constantly blowing.

When mama is down - the whole family feels it and unfortunately the whole day was rough. The kids were extra whiny (probably due to the extra movies they were allowed to watch that day)And I wasn't much better. Then the guilt sets in because I think how unlovely I am being. For pity sakes, I just have a cold, it could be a thousand times worse. But it is hard to remember that sometimes.

I was surviving yesterday, not thriving and I HATE living like that. Bad news is - today hasn't been much better. There have been many tears shed, including mine and I'm just tired of being tired!

Fortunately, I have a wonderful husband who when I called and shared my woes, said don't worry about the house today, just love on your kids. And then he said them, those words that are music to my ears "I'll help you get things back in order...don't worry." (More tears) I've got a good man.

And to top it all off, my sweet sister Leslie is babysitting tonight so Clint and I can go on a much needed date.

So even though I'm a tired, sniffling, and a blahzay mommy right now, I do have a lot to be thankful for. I need to remember this on days like these.

You know, when I write it all out - I realize that things are really NOT that bad at all! And I am already starting to feel much better. The fact that the girls are playing sweetly and Hudson is asleep does help too though! :)

So if you're feeling down, frustrated, or just plain tired today...know that you're not alone. We truly need each other don't we?! I am thankful for the many people God has put in my life!

You know, I really feel like PRAISING right now! Thank You Lord, for filling me up...for rejuvinating me and reminding me what is MOST important!

Love you all!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Jami - Try adding a magnesium supplement to a multivitamin (if you take - I hope you do!). It will give you more energy and make you feel better all around. Hope this helps!

Jess said...

A good husband and blogging can make any woman feel better!!!

If that doesn't work, you can always go Reagan's way and go for mermaids and captain crunch!

I am glad you are feeling better and you can have a date!! Have fun. I hope tomorrow is better.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jami!
Just read your blog and it's VERY timely. Last night, i could feel something coming on and this morning it was the full-blown aches and cough! ick! i just got done being sick, and now that i'm a mom, i hate being sick. no sick days for us!
i forced myself to leave this messy house alone and lay down. this weekend is Hearts at Home and i don't want to miss that! i listened to my poor, achy body and laid down.
today is just that, "a day" and they fly by so quickly. treat yourself kindly, they way you would your children, and pamper yourself. it makes us MUCH better mommies in the end!
hang in there!!
hey, we still need to do that Starbucks outing.
love
deb descarpentrie

Anonymous said...

Jami- being in a family of six children definitely led to some chaotic/survivor days. The funny thing is that I do not remember them. I only remember the days that my mom did crazy fun things with us & more importantly I could feel the vision she had for us as we grew. I believe this is most likely the case for your little ones to. So enjoy each day no matter if it is your best mama day or just a survivor day :). Love, J

lifelaughterchaos said...

You have no idea how much this means to me today! I have been very, very tired. I don't if it's hormonal or I'm sick or the time change. I'm a grouch. And to be honest, if I would post about it I would say that I really don't feel like being a mom right now.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin