I've been asking this of God a lot lately. My soul is stirred with a fire and a passion for Him! I am seeing Christ in so many ways these past few weeks. He is REAL! I've always known this, I've felt this many times before but He is more real to me in these past days.
You see we, Clint and I, are going through a very difficult time. Someone very close to us is facing many unknowns...scary unknowns and it is affecting us deeply. We have seen Christ at work and we trust in His sovereignty but we also know that things do not always work out according to our plans. He will NEVER leave our side but He does allow us to go through deep valleys in order to grow us and that His name may be glorified. This is our prayer - that HE will be glorified through this time and that we will all be purified.
Today, I was laying down to take a nap and was just praying..."Use me Lord. What do you want me to do? Show me! Inspire me!"
And you know what He said (not audibly of course), "It doesn't have to be a big thing, Jami. Just love others. Listen to me. Be sensitive to My spirit. When I ask something of you, say YES! Seek Me. Talk with Me and about Me. Obey me. And I'll do the rest."
Thank You Lord. Help me to trust You and lean on You right now. Help me to hear your voice and obey you...in the simple everyday ways. Help me to remember Your Word" He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much..." Luke 16:10
What is Christ saying to you today? Sit with Him today, if you haven't already. Talk with Him - build that relationship with Him. He is our ROCK. Let's not go through life alone...we need Him and we need each other.
Love to you all!
Ps. 61:2 From the ends of the earth will I cry unto You when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I"
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Use me Lord...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
thanks for sharing your heart Jami. Your post was a glory to God. It's amazing how it is the fires in our lives that truly do the purifying...no matter how much we wish it were the happy things in our lives that would do it.
I love you and we're in this together...with God!!
Love,
bek
Jami Dear, Thanks for the beautiful message. I too am learning how close our Lord is to us through the tough times. He is such a wonderful caring God. I am just amazed. With love from Him and our tremendous love for each other we will all come through this better people.
love you soooo much, A Bonnie
Wow Jami. That's awesome! And I love that verse!
You inspire me.
Very well said, Jami.
Isn't is something how the Word comes alive when there is a struggle in our lives. Verses that I have read before take on new meaning. I am so grateful for a Living Word, Christ in us.
We'll just keep praying.
Post a Comment