Hey all!
It feels like ages since I last wrote in. Life has turned quite crazy recently but I'm back! I am excited to share with you from the book I am reading right now. I HIGHLY recommend this book! fffffffff
I really relate to the author, Lysa Terkeurst. Her thoughts both from her blog and in this book have inspired me in my walk with Christ.
In her book she writes about a time when her life was changed. She was at a large conference where she was challenged to ask God to use her in extraordinary ways for His kingdom. That night in her room she prayed for His leading. ggggg
After finishing she picked up the remote control to turn on the evening news. As she did this two words entered her mind (and I'm quoting):
"Radical Obedience. Radical Obedience? I questioned. I'm obedient, Lord. I read my Bible, go to church and try to be a good person. Then something else came to my mind: Stop watching TV altogether and put your house up for sale.
What? I was stunned. God, how do I know this is You speaking and not just a crazy notion in my head?
One thing I did know - I was at a crossroads. I could brush these thoughts aside and say I didn't know for sure that this was God speaking to me, or I could heed His direction. "
Can you relate? I sure can...I definately know that feeling. I've been at those crossroads before and sometimes I've made the right decisions and sometimes I've brushed those thoughts away.
Lysa goes on to say:
"Obedience becomes radical when we say "Yes, God, whatever You want," and mean it. We release our grip on all that we love and offer it back to Him, who loves us more. And it is into these upturned hands that God will pour out His blessings-His abundant, unexpected, radical blessings. Soon, saying yes to God will no longer be a discipline of your heart but rather the delight of your life." (emphasis mine)
What does this specifically mean for me? I'm not quite sure. I want to live life with pure abandon. To NOT cling tightly to the things of this life and to open my hands to him...my life is HIS! fff
Yet, this is all coming from a girl who just spent all her birthday money on buying new picture frames, etc. to spiff up my home! :)
Now of course we should not necessarily sell it all or dump the TV set out the window but we are each called to examine our own hearts. fff
So what does this mean for you today? What does it mean for me? Lord, please help each of us to seek you today! Help us to be women (and men, if you are reading) who say "YES!!" to YOU! Inspire us, excite us, and purify us!
Love to you all!


8 comments:
I can certainly relate to this Jami. Not too long ago God challenged me in a relationship with a friend, whom had become distant with her walk with Christ. And what He challenged me on was very radical - at least for me and my walk with Him. And I questioned whether it was really from Him. And it was, as I sorted through this with my small group members. I felt myself at a crossroads in both relationships. Was I going to obey or concede? I had to give my relationship with my friend back to God and choose to do His will. It was the hardest act of obedience I have ever had to do, but He did bless me through it and changed my thinking in the process. I will never forget that and pray that I can continue to be obedient to Him - even in radical ways in the future.
Jami,
I love this post...and I love Lysa...I want to get the book you are reading.
I swear...I think God might be talking to me in this regards...over the past 2 weeks...it's actually kinda freaking me out. We had a sermon 2 weeks ago on crossroads in life, last week was the taking the road less traveled...yesterday I just blogged about being "abnormal" in life related to our Godly obedience.
If it's ok...I am going to link your post today on my blog...
And by the way, isn't our whole step towards adoption this whole act of radical obedience?
Have a great day!
www.lifelaughterchaos.blogspot.com
Jami, great post. Thanks for being open and real.
Jill
beautiful words
~Haley
I got to your blog via Lysa Terkeurst's and I am so glad I did! You are the 4th person who has recommended that book in the last week! I guess I need to check Amazon. Your post was great and you have a beautiful family.
Blessings~~Kelley
Hey girls - if you just click on the picture of the book (at the top of the post), it will take you directly to a page that you can buy it. If interested! :)
Thanks for all your great comments. I believe God is truly at work!
The funny thing is we are putting our house up for sale. Its a long story but we feel like God is calling us to move (same town just in a different neighborhood). It was really hard and every one thinks we are crazy but it is just something we need to do. Sometimes I wonder is it God telling us to do this or what. But with the circunmstances that we are in we know it is from him. We are getting a lot of negative feedback and its really hard. but we are doing it anyway. I am going to get this book! Thanks..i alwasy get something out of your blog thanks!
Jamie this really spoke to me and I passed on to a friend who is at a crossroads! Love you and thank you for this post and the one above!
Post a Comment