Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the good, the bad, and the ugly of my day

Or better said:

The good, the naughty, and the eww, eww, eww, gross, that's absolutely disgusting!! of my day!

Are you worried, now?!! Here we go...

the good:

Today we were on our way to the child care center that my kids stay at while I teach class. They are there for only 2 hours which means that the other kids are still doing fun things when mine have to leave. Needless to say, this has caused problems in the past.

me: "Girls, now remember if you are naughty and throw a fit when it's time to go, there will be a consequence."

paige: "Like a time out Mommy?"

me: "Yes, OR remember those brownies we made yesterday? Your may not get one for dessert later."

paige: "Oh Mommy! That is a REALLY good discipline!! That discipline would help us kids remember not to do a bad thing next time! Great thinking Mom!

What a kid!! Fortunately they did great leaving today and enjoyed their brownies fully!! :)

the naughty:

Today while dealing with the "ugly" (you'll hear about soon), I heard my girls laughing. I walked into their room to find that they had pushed their little art table over to the closet.
fff
Both were standing on top; as I looked up I saw Raegan clutching the string, you know the one that hangs down from the light bulb to turn it on and off.
ffff
I grabbed her right as she lept from the table to swing down. They were using that little string as a rope. Paige admitted that they both had swung down several times!!
ggg
Why it didn't break, I don't know! :)
ggggggg
the eww, eww, gross...well you get the picture:
hhhhhhh
I have a little basket under my kitchen sink where I put old towels and washcloths. I always air dry them first on the side and then throw them in. This usually keeps away mold and bad smells.
jjjjj
Well yesterday I noticed that they were smelling quite a bit so I decided it was time to wash them. And so I did...and then I forgot to move them to the dryer until today. No big deal, I've done that before and up I went to move them over.
fff
I entered the bathroom/laundry room and the smell was just AWFUL!! I opened up the washer and there I saw it, a ONE POUND BUNDLE of raw ground beef!!!!!!!!!!!
j
Praise the Lord, it has not burst open but it was probably 2 times the size it had been and SMELLED SO BAD!
hhhhhh
And why do you keep ground beef, in your laundry basket you may be wondering.
f
This is what I think....my little Hudson has been quite, eh...helpful lately and has been throwing away things for me (whether I want him to or not). There are times when the girls open the freezer to get stuff and Hudson is always right there. The beef bundles were in easy reach for my man and the rest is history!
fffff
Right now my towels are being washed and rewashed...the smell of bleach is wafting through the upstairs. But they will be clean!!!!
ff
I think I need a nap now!
fffff
Any Good, Bads, or Uglys you want to share? Come on, spill it! : )


12 comments:

Jess said...

The good: Jadon is a sweetheart lately and cuddling a lot more.

The bad: He was cracking up laughing in his highchair this morning, when I went down to see why, I say him launching cheerios off his tray onto the floor so our dog pounce on them and eat them.

The ugly: His boogers are out of sight lately!!! (sorry, I had to go there!)

Jess said...

(I SAW him launching cheerios, not I say him)

And, there is not spell check for the word boogers. . . . did I get it right??

:)

Sandra said...

the good: the boys got money in the mail from valentines and they have been good boys so off to Target to let them pick out treats with their money.

the bad: they chose candy including nerds and ate them upstairs where they are NOT allowed to take candy.

the ugly: I was brushing Cadens teeth and looked down to see a pile of ants in the corner of the bathroom...I followed them around the corner onto carpet and found several more crawling all over the wall/woodwork/ carpet....and what did I discover in the corner by the baseboard....yep, thats right one single tiny little nerd!!! YUCK!

Bekah said...

oh my word jami that is disgusting. ha ha ha. hudson, you are a funny little man. my brain is on overload right now and i can't put thoughts together enough to give you my good, bad and ugly. love your good though...how precious is that.

Mrs. Hany said...

That may be the funniest thing I have heard in some time!!!! What a good littler helper he is (I knew that sweet little grin of his had a hint of onery behind it!!!)

Kasey said...

Oh, that is just nasty!!! I bet you were freaking out. Sometimes I can't believe all of the crazy things that you mothers have to deal with. You are amazing women. I really don't know if I have it in me!

Jami said...

I am SO thankful Clint was home during this episode because I immediately ran down to him saying, "I just saw the grossest thing in life" and he promptly got up and took care of it for me.

Oh, if I were alone...that would have been bad...very bad!! :)

EWWWWWW!!!

jajbs said...

It sounds as though there is never a dull moment in your house!! I LOVE the comment Paige made... too cute!!!


amanda

Stacie said...

That is hilarious, and yes VERY GROSS about the meat! So CRAZY! I wouldn't have guessed that one. There is NEVER a dull moment with little ones. *Sigh* There is nothing like some good raw meat in your laundry....haha! Too Funny!

Have a great weekend!
Stacie

Whitney said...

LOL!! I am dying about the meat!

Potty Training Noah:

Good: He's doing really very well.

Naughty: He squeezed his head through the potty seat and I had to pry his head out.

Ugly: As I moved laundry to the dryer, several poo-poo chunks fell out with the "clean" clothes. I think DH tossed dirty undies(Noah's) into the tub, and I, assuming he had washed them out, tossed them into the wash..ahh!

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow! i'm so glad it's not just my house! i have found peanut butter sandwiches in the closet and then there was the infamous loaf of bread in my bed!

David and Marianne said...

Very fun post...i agree with Bekah..my brain is overloaded too, so I don't have much to share : )

It was so nice to meet you at Deb's .... I've had a lot of fun telling people how I met the "author" of one of the blogs I'd been reading. It was quite the funny experience to meet someone and think, "how do I know this person's face?" and then come to realize you've gotten to know them through the internet!! What a crazy time we live in : )

Hope we can all get together again soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin