Thursday, February 7, 2008

We Celebrate You!


A couple of days ago, I was talking to my sister Megan who was working on painting a "celebrate you" plate. That gave me an idea - I pulled my own celebrate plate out (given to us by our very dear friends!) and I thought "Tonight, we celebrate Daddy!"

By the time dinner rolled around, I was tired and a bit cranky and the last thing I felt like doing was celebrating someone else! I wanted to be celebrated for pity sakes! :) And I was a little concerned that our dear plate would get scratches on it when Clint cut his meat. Pathetic, I know but that truly almost made me put the plate back away.

Fortunately, I sucked it up (thank You Lord) and called the girls together. "Girls! Tonight we are going to make Daddy feel special!"

So I had Paige and Rae each come up with one reason why they loved Daddy! Then we planned to say in unison...Daddy... WE LOVE YOU!!!! (with much exclamation). We practiced and we waited. Then the door opened! Paige ran up to him and with a big hug said "WELCOME HOME DADDY!" Big smiles all around! Then we marched him over to the table and showed him his plate! After praying we each went around and told him why he was special to us and then our big moment! DADDY!! WE... LOVE.... YOU!! :)

It was fabulous! Clint called us the Beaver Cleaver family and everyone was happy! To think I almost missed out on such a wonderful experience because I was tired, grumpy and didn't want my dish scratched! Thank You Lord for sweet "everyday" moments! :)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great idea Jami! I might have to get a celebration plate and follow your good example!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

That is such an awesome idea!!! I have a "you are special" plate that we use on birthdays....but I guess I can use it anytime! I love your blog too!!!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler

Jess said...

That is a great idea Jami! I am glad you told that story.

You are a wonderful mother and wife. I am so thankful you are my friend!

Last time I was at the pottery painting place I made our birthday plate. . . Now I know what to paint now!!! Yippee!!

Kristy said...

What a great reminder! I need to use my Celebrate plate more. And your idea tied in perfectly with last night's Titus 2, eh?

Unknown said...

I came across your blog today, I enjoyed reading your posts. Your kids are adorable. My family growing up had a "you are special" cup..we used it for birthdays, graduation, etc...your post was a great reminder of those memories...I need to get a "u are special" plate/cup/or whatever...feel free to drop by my blog when you have time. http://accordingtoashley.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin