I'm sure many of you have seen this but I love it!
It's Valentines week!! Will you share a favorite memory of life with your love?! I want your comments...it will give me good ideas AND I'm doing my FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!! WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO!!!
I'll be drawing for a $5 STARBUCKS gift card!! I know I know...I'm cheap but it's something! :)
To be fair, I'll start...
A favorite memory of mine was when Clint and I went to Michigan for the weekend. I was pregnant with Paige and our purpose was to go and really develop a plan...a mission for our family. We talked and talked (can you imagine why I liked it?!). I remember specially walking for hours at night around the outlet mall...just dreaming and sharing. It was wonderful and oh so romantic! :) And...we didn't even buy a thing! :)
I look forward to hearing from you! Leave a comment between now and Friday at 5pm and you'll be entered into the BIG DRAWING!!!! :)
ddd
ddd
ddd
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Love is in the air...
This offer is null and void if there are less than 20 comments.
fff
ddd
dd
(okay i'm kidding but that was fun to write..always check the fine print!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
oooh! I just came by to check your site and found you are giving free stuff! Of course I'll comment. What a great way to find out who your "lurkers" are ;)
A favorite memory of mine...
After we were married for about 3 months we moved into married student housing at PU. We got the keys to our new place and went to check it out. We walked into our new apartment and I just started crying and said, "It's not that bad...really...it will be fine." Michael just chuckled and held me while I cried. I really didn't believe that I could be happy living in that apartment, but we filled it with our stuff and started our life there together and we had some great times! Life was so simple then...every Friday night we would eat a Jack's pizza and cuddle on the couch watching TV. And it was a TREAT to be able to eat at McDonald's and spend a whole $3 on our meal (2 double cheeseburgers and shared $1 fry.) on our way to Roanoke to visit my family. We were totally at the bottom of the barrel but we had each other and we really clung to each other during that time...okay, mostly me clinging to him...but it was the best thing for our marriage. It really made me rely on him and learn to always go to him first with my problems. What memories!
Jami,
Love your blog!!
A favorite memory of mine is the first night my hubby and I went out to dinner alone a few weeks after we brought our son home (from Guate in August). We dressed up and went to a new restaurant that was excellent, and our very good friends babysat for us and patiently answered the phone every half-hour or so when I called to check on our little guy! (without ever making me feel silly about it, either) During that dinner, my husband and I talked and talked, processing the whole adoption experience, talking about what kind of parents we wanted to be, our fears and our dreams for our new son. It was the most intimate, romantic evening and I really felt like we turned a new page in our relationship story that night. Best of all, we made it home in time to put our little guy to bed, and that night, our regular rituals took on a whole new meaning of family.
Happy Valentines Day to you and your beautiful family!
Heidi
hbwm12 @ yahoo dot com
one time iad (sp?) and i played house and forced alli (sp?) to be our kid...it was so romantic.
so i was about 5 which was probably the height of any kind of love life i've ever had but i really want the $5 to starbucks.
Ok, even before I saw your giveaway I knew what I had to post based on the commercial (which I LOVE by the way). "can't fight that feeling" is Ben and my "song". I know, corny. But I went through a phase (well, longer than that probably as I'm still sort of in it) where I really loved REO Speedwagon. For a period of several months before Ben asked for me I knew "what had started out as friendship had grown stronger" and I wasn't sure how things were going to progress so I'd lay around listening to this song and think "it's time to bring this ship into the shore." Ok, so corny I can't believe I just confessed that. After we were engaged I proclaimed that "our song" and Ben went along with it! : ) It will be 10 years on March 4 that we were engaged!!!
A special memory of mine with Mark was a first Valentine's Day together. The night before Valentine's Day, I came down with a horrible flu. It was so bad I only left the bad when absolutely necessary for 2 days and really wasn't fully recovered for well over a week.
Mark did so good finding medicine for me and talking to my Mom on the phone to see if there was anything else he should be doing. He'd even come and hold me though I was very sick.
It wasn't the romantic evening I had planned but he showed such love and care, I was very touched. We'd only been married for a few months at that point and I could tell even more how much he loved me.
I'm hoping to stay well this Valentine's Day!
Here's one of my favorites:
For our first anniversary Ryan and I had planned to go down to Florida together. Vacation money wasn't necessarily overflowing in abundance and we found some super cheap tickets and as it approached, I got more and more excited and was all set to expect a fabulous first anniversary (high expectations should be your first clue to cue the music . . .da da da daaaaaaaaa).
WELL, 3 days before we were suppose to fly out a hurricane started heading towards siesta key (which hadn't been hit in YEARS). Sure enough, it stayed on course and we couldn't go. I was devastated and convinced that our first anniversary was ruined. (gotta love the dramatics).
So that sunday was our anniversary and I begrudgingly went to Bloomington church with a lovely attitude. I stuck it out through the day and Ryan and I headed home. As I walk in the door I notice something amiss. It turns out, during afternoon church, Ryan had snuck home and rearranged our family room. He had laid down a tarp, shoveled in sand from the sandbox, filled the kiddie pool I used for the kids I nannyed with water and a beta fish, brought in our lounge chairs and set up a cooler with all kinds of fun snack and drinks in it. I was blown away. He had tried to bring florida to me.
Our favorite memory of it though was the dinner he made for me. He had gotten some fun appetizers to amke dinner, including shrimp. What he didn't realized is that it needed to be thawed and so using his quick wit, thought, "I'll just warm them up in the oven." They were awful - we both took one bite, spit them out and started laughing.
I think what meant the most was him realizing how much the day meant to me and going so much out of his way to say that made it important to him too. These days he does it more practically (doing laundry, cleaning up when I'm in over my head) but they don't mean any less. What a guy!
okay james (remember when we thought that would be awesome if i started calling you james?!)...
i'll give you my best and worst...the worst was when i was in the 2nd grade and i was 'fresh off the boat' from japan. i fell in love with derrik williams. he was a little black jehovah's witness boy who i thought was pretty perfect. i couldn't wait to give him my valentine's card...only to have him not show up since it was a holiday and have him throw all the cards away. very depressing!
best: every year, Jesus manages to give me flowers. I know, it's hard to believe, but the best year was when I gave a talk about Jesus being the love of your life on Valentine's day to ISU girls. Afterwards, 2 girls came up to me and said they didn't know why, but they had felt prompted to buy flowers and when they showed up that night, they knew they were supposed to be for me from Him. Talk about God I simply adore.
With Valentine's Day coming up tomorrow, it has been a fun thinking back over all the memories. The one I'm going to share is our car rides to and from Chicago.
We lived in Chicago the first 3.5 years of our marriage, but we came back to Bloomington/Normal area a lot. Those car rides were such a special time of sharing and just being together!
my favorite memory that I know will never be forgotten was on our honeymoon night(first night). Of course we were both as nervous as ever, but nick sure made us relax and realize its not going to be a perfect first night:) I have to just laugh....I came out in my white gown and went to sit on the bed(nick had two glasses of champaign in his hands) and he went to hand me my glass and spilled it all over me. I am just laughing thinking about it. It was so funny and really loosened us up and we weren't nervous anymore:) Thanks nick for a great memory. There are many more, but Ill just stick with this funny one for now:) Oh I hope I win this starbucks card....Ive been craving it and I do not spend money on starbucks, so this would be a great treat:)
I have many fun memories that I can think of...we had something called "relationship thursdays" during our second year of marriage, due to our first year of marriage being more difficult. We would go out to fiesta ranchero every thursday (mom would watch Ethan) and we would talk about how our relationship was going, where we wanted it to go, what to do better, constructive critisism, ect...we had a little notebook (I stil have it) that we wrote things in to keep track of how we were doing, prayer requests, ect. I loved it and it was so neat for our relationship. We dont do it anymore due to life just getting more busy but there are other little things like "the lipstick" that I shared with some of you. That is where we keep lipstick that I dont use on the bathroom counter and we write little notes to each other on the bathroom mirror...its fun : )
A favorite memory of mine is when we went to San Diego and went to the San Diego Zoo. We saw about EVERY aniamal in the WORLD except for the Hippos! We had to find the HIPPOS!!!! We walked around and around thinking we were following the map to a "T"! We got pretty close but couldn't find them! Finally we asked a staff memeber of the zoo! And even then couldn't find them! I forget how long it took us but we DID finally find them! I think it took a good 30min! or MORE! I know this is some silly memory, but we totally laugh about it all of the time! I guess next time we can SKIP the HIPPOS!
Marla H
ooooow...Starbucks...mmmmm. =o)
This memory came to mind. Luke and I had survived our first little one, Noah, being born before our first anniversary as well as all the changes the first year of marriage brings and decided to take a trip to FL(we stayed with his grandparents for $ reasons of course =o) Well, I was pretty excited to be out as a little family...life was good with Noah finally sleeping through the night etc. Well two days into the trip I got a Preg test and found out we were expecting another little one. Noah was crying himself to sleep for a nap and I walked into the room where Luke was and pointed at my tummy...he thought I meant Noah and said he would go rock him...I said "baby here" and nearly cried (I was still nursing for heaven's sake). He just held me and we went out to eat that night just the two of us. We got our bearings again and I was excited from then on for our next little one. =o) It was perfect weather...we sat outside and I had spinach salad with strawberries. I'll never forget it.
Have you noticed that our good memories center around life change and working through it together? =o)
Ann
Ann, I was totally thinking the same thing...hard times and changes CAN draw you together if you let them...
My memory...Our love language is quality time, so we were SO excited for our 2 week trip (driving) to Florida last November. In the back of my mind, though, I was concerned that two weeks solid with my husband, 24/7, would give me my Andy fill and I would be sick of him, ready to get back to work. Well, I LOVED being alone with him in the car, where there were no distractions...and of course we had our fun adventures at Disney, and then fun with the family in Marco. On the drive home, I remember looking at him and realizing that after two weeks solid and however many hours together in the car, I STILL wasn't sick of him! In fact, all that time with him just made me want to be with him more! It made me so thankful for my husband and our marriage, which has been more fun than I ever imagined!
Hope you have a great Valentines Day!
WOW girls! I am LOVING reading these! Keep em' coming! I love you all!!
Oh this is fun...I'm sitting here on the couch, with our laptop, sitting beside my sleeping husband who worked all night last night...it's quiet and the sun is shining through the glass door. All is well...
One of my all time favorite memories happened the Sunday before Clint and I got married and we were going to have to spend it apart. Clint had a huge exam on Monday morning, so I let him study that weekend, knowing that I was driving to Lafayette on Monday with all of my stuff, and we could be together that evening. Clint called while I was getting ready for church, and just as I was walking out the door, he's like, "hey...I can't find my watch anywhere...I'm pretty sure I left it in your bathroom last weekend. Can you check and see if it's there?"
I'm like, sure. So, I go back inside and am digging around my bathroom thinking...if it's here, wouldn't I have found it last week? As I'm looking, there is a knock on my door and there stood my amazing finacee. He had just driven in from Lafayette to spend Sunday with me because he wanted me to know that I was more important to him than medicine.
It was such an awesome moment in our relationship and over the past two and half years...he has made it a point that I know that I am more important to him than medicine.
And the next day...I drove out to Lafayette with my stuff, Clint took his exam and we spent all evening together. When we look back on that night...we both say it was perfect, one of the best nights of ever.
Oh this is fun...I'm sitting here on the couch, with our laptop, sitting beside my sleeping husband who worked all night last night...it's quiet and the sun is shining through the glass door. All is well...
One of my all time favorite memories happened the Sunday before Clint and I got married and we were going to have to spend it apart. Clint had a huge exam on Monday morning, so I let him study that weekend, knowing that I was driving to Lafayette on Monday with all of my stuff, and we could be together that evening. Clint called while I was getting ready for church, and just as I was walking out the door, he's like, "hey...I can't find my watch anywhere...I'm pretty sure I left it in your bathroom last weekend. Can you check and see if it's there?"
I'm like, sure. So, I go back inside and am digging around my bathroom thinking...if it's here, wouldn't I have found it last week? As I'm looking, there is a knock on my door and there stood my amazing finacee. He had just driven in from Lafayette to spend Sunday with me because he wanted me to know that I was more important to him than medicine.
It was such an awesome moment in our relationship and over the past two and half years...he has made it a point that I know that I am more important to him than medicine.
And the next day...I drove out to Lafayette with my stuff, Clint took his exam and we spent all evening together. When we look back on that night...we both say it was perfect, one of the best nights of ever.
WELL...I just gotta get in on this giveaway.......STARBUCKS - MMMMMMMMMM! OK, as for my fav. memory - This is a tough one. But I think I'll have to go with our (all-expense paid) trip to Cancun! (back in the spoiled days of Pfizer) We stayed at the Moon Palace.....BEAUTIFUL! It was such a relaxing, wonderful time together. We snorkled together and went on an 'excursion' which was amazing! There was this enormous grass hut and walkways winding through the tropical foliage :) We ate lunch at this little place in the middle of this peaceful jungle feeling atmosphere. It was so secluded and we felt like we were in our own world! There was ONE disadvantage during this trip though....... our rooms had marble floors, and our particular room was an adjoining one, you know - had the door between our room & our neighbors. Well we never heard them, except for our 2nd to last night around 2 AM we were awakened to them coming back into their room arguing and YELLING at eachother!! I was starting to get scared and about to call front desk, but then things changed!!....let's just say they 'kissed and made up'!!!!!! OHHHHHH MY! We laid in bed and LAUGHED.....not quite sure what we should do. I remember finally putting my head UNDER my pillow trying to NOT HEAR!!! That was the ONLY time we heard noise, so it wasn't horrible, but wow...sure made for a memorable vacation!
(So I guess my tip for you - next time you go away with your love....if you have marble floors?...PLEASE be quiet) =)
Okay, so watching your family dance (esp. Clint) was the best. Make sure you tell them Congrats!! :).
A good memory- I think that it still impresses me how Luke researched Chicago (train ride there, etc...) for a special trip for us when we were 16 years old. Can you imagine? I am not sure I would let my child travel to Chicago with another young person. We were actually very mature at that age & all of his planning let me know how special he was :). - J
Ps- I LOVE Starbucks!
A favorite memory of mine is when my hubby and I went to see a scary movie together ( I Do not like scary movies at all!!!) and he was on call that night after the movies. (during residency) I was too terrified to go home so i snuck up to the hospital and snuck in his call room and slept and had to sneak back out at 5 am before his attending showed up. It was risky b/c he probably could have gotten in alot of trouble. The things you do before you have kids! The funny thing was he was scared too. he he.....The hospital was real old and spooky.
another thing we like to do is make all these big plans and get a babysitter and say we are going to do them and end up driving around town all night talking w/out kids!! to us thats specail!!
Post a Comment