okay...maybe that is a little strong!
Actually I strongly dislike cleaning my shower...it's those pesky shower doors I tell you! They are just in the way! Then there's that soap scum that just doesn't wipe up nice and neat.
So I have two options: standing outside and leaning in which is killer on the back or climbing all the way in (which of course involves removing my socks and hiking up my pants) and shuting the doors behind me. And let me say, inhaling those harmful fumes while trying clean inside is no picnic either! BUT as of tonight (hopefully) this problem is SOLVED!!!!
I recently had a birthday and along with a birthday comes spending money!! So I was looking around the home section of Kohl's the other night when I saw it...THE PERFECT SHOWER CURTAIN and it was on sale - only $15.99!! So I bought it and tonight my man Clint (again hopefully) is going to dismantle those dreadful doors and make my dreams come true!! (does anyone wander where Raegan gets her overdramatic side?!)
I am PUMPED!! I plan to give that poor shower a good ole' scrubbing tonight...and I think I may even enjoy it!! :)
How about you. Is there cleaning that you just push off until it's TOTALLY necessary? What do you hate? What do you love? And do you have any good tips to share...anything - I'm sure I could use it! :)
Happy cleaning!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I HATE cleaning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Shower doors are a killer!!!! My newest pet peeve is grout. When we re-did our kitchen we laid tile. The tile looks great but anytime you sweep the excess dirt goes into the caverns (I usually end up hauling the shot vac upstairs.). Also I hate that the grout gets stained!!! The tip I use is to do certain "maintenece" things on specific days of the week and then on Saturday mornings (I get up before the family) do an overhaul of bathrooms, floors and the kitchen.
I agree Jami, I don't like the shower doors--but I found that it's much easier to do it while I'm actually taking a shower, then I can throw a bucket of water against it to rinse and it doesn't matter if I get wet. I wash the doors/walls first, then 'take my shower' so I feel like I've washed all the chemicals off me:) And Kaboom is something I just discovered that works GREAT on the soap scum, I barely had to scrub.
I use our vacuum in the kitchen alot. The first time Matt did it I thought he was nuts b/c it doesn't get in the corners very well, but we have (old) hardwood floors with cracks in between the boards, so all the crumbs go down there, but the vacuum sucks them up good. And for some reason it seems like less work to me to push that thing around (it's an 8 lb. Oreck :) than to sweep with the broom--pathetic I know, but at least it gets done! I do use the broom to do the corners good before I mop though. I don't know how a vacuum would do on tile Kirsten, ours has never scratched our wood floor or anything but it's old enough that I don't care as much as I would with a new floor.
My most detested job is dusting, I think I maybe do it four times a year :)
janelle
Hmmm... which one to pick. Well, I've been putting off cleaning the kid's bathroom for about 3 weeks now (maybe longer) and dusting the upstairs for about the same. Our shower has been longer, but thankfully I have a husband who cleaned it recently. So, let's just say cleaning and I don't get along.
Did I just put in print how long its been since I cleaned a bathroom? I think I will go clean right now!
Hey Jami!
So your last post could have been a page out of my life, at our previous home in Eureka. For some reason, the water in Eureka turned the soap scum this weird shade of pink. YUCK! nothing worse than settling down to relax in the tub and coming face-to-face with the nasty pink stuff that lived in my shower doors. It must have been a 70's thing to do in the bathroom?
Now that we are in our new house here in Normal, no more shower doors!!! I hate, hate, hate cleaning the tub/shower anyway, but it is much nicer to not have to bend around, push and pull, close yourself in and breathe fumes, all while doing the "wifely duty" of cleaning a bathroom. who said women are the "weaker vessel?" (kidding!)
happy shower curtaining tonight!
Deb DesCarpentrie
I also hate cleaning showers...especially the floors...so disgusting. But thanks to my highschool/college job of cleaning apartments for dirty single men, nothing can get as gross as their bathrooms so mine is not too bad.
the other i put off till it really needs it is dusting. but why do it when there is no dust to clean up right!?
hope the shower curtain works out great...the nice thing about those is you can just toss them in the washing machine when they get disgusting!
Oh Jami-
yes in deed you need a shower curtian. They are soeasy to clean and when you need to hide a dirty tub, you close it and presto you have a CLEAN bathroom.
OH Rebehak- that had to be awful, I hate cleaning up after my two boys.
I have a problem with making piles of papers. Then, I have a problem going through those piles so they go away. It drives Josh NUTS, but then it drives me NUTS when we are cleaning the house for company to come and I hear the paper shredder. That means he is going through the piles while I scrub toilets!!
Jami, call me when you can I have another crazy connection between us to tell you about!
Not to sound like a broken record, but I hate cleaning the shower too! Our shower does not get cleaned very often...especially now since I'm so big and prego. I don't think I could actually bend over to clean it right now. :) Hmmm...maybe I should use that as an excuse to get Michael to clean the shower for me! hehe!
I usually don't post unless I have something (I think) is worth saying. I don't know how many of you already use them, but I use Mr.Clean Magic Erasers.Now I don't mind cleaning showers...even shower doors...with them! Especially if you do it often enough, it's easier every time. I use Magic Erasers on everything...even the fronts of stainless steel appliances that you can never get clean?...Mr.Clean...I love you!
-Heidi Rink.
I'm with janelle- what finally got me over cleaning the shower (though not on always a weekly basis! : ) ) is to do it while I'm it. I clean first thing and then shower - it just seems much easier, less of a mess and I feel like I do a more thorough job of it as well.
ava's bathroom definately gets the shortend of cleaning . . .I keep figuring how dirty can a baby be!!! (don't worry, I clean for company!) : )
Did I just read that Kory cleaned the shower? I am so impressed!
Honestly, I hate all cleaning. I like my house to be picked up all the time which has caused me great distress since I've had children. But as far as the deep cleaning goes, not my fave. I hate to wash windows probably the worst. Although the bathroom is right up there.
I absolutely love my Kone hand held vaccuum by either Dirt Devil or Black and Decker. It has solved my grout problems, Kirsten. It totally gets all the crumbs out. It is AMAZING!! And so quick too (and only about $40 at Wal-Mart). I just set it in the corner and can grab it after any meal or snack. I actually just brush all the dinner crumbs onto the floor and sweep them up, too!! Also, I don't like cleaning bathrooms either!!
~Alissa
my mother's home remedy for a good cleaning solution was 3 parts vinegar and 1 part baking soda.
Happy cleaning,
Jim Diamond
Hey Jim! I was hoping you'd show up here sometime!!
Thanks for the good tips! :)
I LOVE CLEANING!!! I know, I know you think I am crazy and I admidt I agree, but there is something so soothing to me about cleaning! And I really get into it if I have the time. Sometimes I have to convince myself that it really isn't that necessary to get every nook and crany everytime! But as far as those shower doors. I have found that after my day of cleaning, it is easiest for me to climb in the shower with soft scrub and a scratch pad with the water running and go to town before I actually shower myself. It has seemed to work for me. When it gets really bad I put bleach in a squirt bottle with hot water and spray it on and let it set overnight and then rinse off. Good luck!
Post a Comment