Last week I posted about the "She Speaks" conference; Lysa Terkeurst was giving away a scholarship. I was so excited and immediately wrote a post about why I would love to win. Well just a few days ago, I got a call.
It went something like this...
ring ring
Hello
Hi can I speak with Jami?
This is she
Jami, my name is Jim Black from She Speaks
yes?!
Well I just wanted to let you know that you won the scholarship!"
(screaming) WHAT?! NO...NO...NO!!!! Are you kidding me?! I can't believe this...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
I'm glad you're so excited.
(more screaming) I just can't believe this...I'm in shock...
awkward pause
Jami.... this is Dad.
(shocked, disappointed, and almost ready to sob) DAD?!?!?
Well, actually Megan was telling me about the conference and how you were both trying for the scholarship. I thought it seemed like a great fit, you interested in speaking and she in writing so we'd like to pay the conference fee for you!
(revived screaming) WHAT?!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!! I'M SO EXCITED!! THANK YOU DAD!!!
I am incredibly excited and feel so blest to be going! I can't believe I totally fell for Dad's little joke (DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, dearest Dad!). Lysa told everyone she would be posting the winner today but that fact never entered my mind during that fateful phone call. I don't think Dad really thought I'd believe him! :)
Regardless, the good news is....my sister Megan and I are going together!! We are thrilled!!!! Thanks so much to my Dad and Mom!!! :) And thanks to Lysa for offering the scholarship opportunity... because that is what started this all in the first place! :)
Monday, February 4, 2008
I WON, I WON....well sort of
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Jami,
I am SO glad you are going to join us at She Speaks. I am part of the leadership team at P31 and just read your post about your Dad's gift and just had to say hi! What an amazing gift from a father's heart to his girls. I love it!!
Also, my husband and I are in the early stages of adopting a daughter or two from Ethiopia. I have been feeling so hesitant and just filled with "hows?" - your post about Hudson encouraged my heart.
Sweet blessings to you and your family! See you in June.
Renee
How awesome is that?! I would love to go someday too!
I am so happy for you... He truly answers our heart's desires!
amanda
Yea! Good dad!
I pray God is preparing you for something GREAT!! Actually, I know he is!!
YOU are going to be a GREAT speaker!
I just need to try out my new picture .
thanks
That is too funny! That sounds just like your dad. :) I'm so glad for you and Megan that you get to go to this!
That is hilarious, Jami. I love that you didn't know it was your dad at first. What an awesome gift!
That is to FUNNY! I am so glad for both you and your sis. Tell her hi for me!
Oh, jami I love it!!! That Gary...he is quite the jokester!
Dads are the best! Hi...over here from Lysa's blog. I was at the conference also and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Great story.
peace~elaine
Post a Comment