Okay - so today was not the best day in the realms of mommyhood! And since this is my blog I will give one teensy weensy excuse...I was up VERY EARLY today and I was tired. Nevertheless, I was wrong.
So here is how it went down:
Things were going pretty smoothly - I came home from teaching class and was greeted at the door by a very enthusiastic Raegan. So far so good. I fed the kids breakfast while we chatted. Then I looked at the clock and realized that our time was waning and we needed to hurry to make it out the door for preschool.
And can I mention that the words hurry and little children don't go together.
So the tension was mounting and I was shouting orders to respective children and even started saying things like, young lady if you don't get your socks on RIGHT NOW, you will NOT going to preschool! Basically I was just a BIG grump. Clint was working in his office downstairs when I stormed in to grab coats, hats, mittons, etc. Bewildered, he looked up at me and said, "why are you so mad?"
Hmmm? Not really sure, I'm just MAD!
The truth is, I did not plan enough time. We kind of messed around until it was crunch time and then it all went downhill. On the days that I plan ahead and have things in order...transition times are manageable and often even enjoyable! May I remember this more...
hhh
Fortunately, my children were very forgiving and they gained just one more lesson in admitting wrong and forgiveness.
Can you relate?
Thursday, February 21, 2008
WATCH OUT..crabby mommy on the loose!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh, how I can relate! I have been shuffling Morgan around in the morning since she was about 6 weeks old! You would think after 3 1/2 years I would get it by now, but somehow time just slips away. Most of the time she handles the shuffle pretty well, but during our busy months - the summer - it can get hard for both of us....and now there is two!!! I hope we all survive!
Um Yeah-
that would be our Sunday mornings, if I over sleep and sleep in for like 10 minutes. It is a mommy thing and I agree hurry and little do not go hand in hand. Love ya
Oh Jami, I can relate ALL too well! One day I watched my nephew and my sister brought back a magnet for me that said: "Don't make me use my crabby mommy powers" :) I like my lil' magnet, unfortunately, those powers don't work very well. It seems the oposite - when I'm crabby, everyone's crabby, and that is NOT a good combination! So my advice? well, I have no advice....I need all the help I can get on this one! :) but thanks for the post, maybe it'll motivate me to stay ahead of myself and to not get crabby! :)
PS-read your advice for mothers on the right of you blog.... ;)
Sounds like my morning with Jake!! You are right... good thing our children are SO forgiving! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!
amanda
Wow, does that sound familiar. When I woke Ethne up this morning, she said "Good night," and rolled back over. It was a battle all morning. Of course yesterday, when she didn't have preschool, she was up at 6:45 wondering why I was still sleeping!
I can super relate! Unfortunately, I find that most often I am screaming at my kids because of my own mismanagement!
I always ask for their forgiveness later..which I guess is a great lesson to be taught.
I LOVED Ethne's comment Jen (it' reminds me of me in the morning!!!) : )
so what you're all saying is . . .if I was this way BEFORE kids . . .it may be a bigger problem as Ava gets older?!?!?! : )
relate, umm yeah... The other morning I barked an order to Grace, "Get your coat on or you will get a spanking" she looked at me calmly and said, "I will just take a time-out" and went to her corner. It make me realize that I was being grumpy and she was being the logical one (albeit a sassy logical one).
oh girl - can I relate;)
oh girl - can I relate;)
Post a Comment