Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Visit to Hudson

Some of you have seen parts of our visit trip video but here it is in FULL! I had to separate it into two parts because you tube wouldn't accept it as one.

I am feeling very emotional today as I think about the miracle of our adoption. I am so honored and blest to have been given this incredible gift of Hudson! Waiting to bring him home was one of the hardest yet most amazing times I've ever experienced. Sometimes I wonder, what if we had said no...I can't even think about what we would have missed.

meeting our hudson...



saying goodbye...

13 comments:

Jess said...

Your videos are so great Jami!

I felt all the emotions with you as I watched it!

I am so glad he is home now!

Thanks for sharing the videos.

valerie said...

Jami,
I am so glad you shared the videos.
I had tears watching both of them.
Hudson is a living doll! I know you and your family are elated to have him home with you.
Congratulations!
Blessings & love,
Valerie

Tater & Haley said...

What an emotional journey Jami! I loved being able to watch a part of what you went through. The love you have for little Hudson is very evident! And to think that God loves us more. Wow!

Holli said...

LOVE THEM! Gwen was captivated as I was too. and tears:)!
Love ya!

Holli said...

PS How long after you said good bye did you bring him home?

Brooke said...

Oh Jami... remember me sitting at your computer watching this, sobbing? Lots has changed since then...Hudson is HOME and Annika is here! God is SO good. Love you!

Van said...

I am a sucker for adoption stories. Thanks for the encouragement to write specific a story about adoption of a latino child. Actrually my book - you referred to the fact that I write children's stories - IS a story about adoption. It is a universal story comparing the story of an abandoned and lost dog to OUR story. Complete with Bible verses, it follows the life of a submissive puppy and how his new life in the family who chose him moved him out of the pound and into the palace.

I will continue to follow Hudson's story. Your chronicles have captured my heart!

Jami said...

Girls - you are so sweet! Holli - it was 5 months of more waiting until we got the call to pick him up. That was the hardest part...but I NEVER regretted visiting him.

Amber said...

I remember the tears watching it the first time, but now having Ava and understanding more how much you loved him made me ache more for you in that moment of saying goodby Jami.

how exciting is it that now you can go snuggle him whenever you want!!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

Thanks for making me cry! ;)

Your videos are so nice. This is an odd question, but I'm trying to plan on what I want to buy before we travel to pick up our daughter. Did you use a seperate video camera or is your video camera and digital camera all in one? Do you know what I mean? My video camera is ancient....my digital camera does video, but it is terrible quality, so I'm not sure what I want to buy.

Jami said...

Billie - ours is a video camera (panasonic palmcorder). It does take still pictures but very low quality. We also have a regular digital camera which takes short videos but low quality video. I'd definately recommend you buy a regular video camera. You want GOOD quality for those priceless moments with your daughter!! :)

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Kirk and I watched your videos together last night. It was so touching. I'm so thankful God has placed Hudson in your family. He's such a beautiful boy!

Rose said...

*tears* beautiful video.... Roseann

Blog Widget by LinkWithin