Well hello again! I'm back!! It feels like forever since I've blogged and I have many ideas/thoughts to post but I'll start with this...
Yesterday, we stopped at Jewel for a quick pick up...well it took me a little longer than expected and Clint was in the car with the kids. As he was about to share with the children how SLOW mommy was...he decided against that and went for a more sweet husband approach. His conversation went something like this:
DADDY: Girls, who is the best mommy in the whole world?
GIRLS: MOMMY!!!
DADDY: Who is the prettiest mommy in the world?
GIRLS: MOMMY!!!
DADDY: And who is the nicest mommy?
RAEGAN: LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (a close friend and one whom Rae obviously adores!)
3 cheers for Paige who backed me up the whole time!! :)
I guess I deserved this though. Let's rewind several years shall we....
Our family was on a vacation...Mom, Dad, and 3 little girls. We were all singing along to a tape.
"My Dad's the greatest guy and my dad's the strongest guy, and my dad's the neatest guy than any guy around. He can do anything, he'll fix a bike, he'll fly a kite, cause my dad, my dad's the greatest guy around..."
So there is Dad, sitting a little taller and feeling pretty good as the four women in his life sing him songs of adoration! As the song ends, so does the moment. From the back comes a little voice.
4 year old Jami: I wish that was MY dad!
Enjoy your Monday! :)
Monday, March 24, 2008
I guess I deserved it....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
you're a strange sort, my dear!
LOL! This gave me a much needed chuckle. Thanks!
That's a funny, funny story!
Sorry I didn't call you back today. Today was one of those down in the dumps days because it was my first day at home alone without Kodiak. I also had to focus on finishing my Crown Bible study before group tonight.
I hope I can call tomorrow, or later this week? I miss you and I really want to catch up. Thanks for calling!
LOL! Too funny! Sounds like little Rae takes after her Mommy!
That made me laugh...I can see my kids saying that!
Thanks for the smile...it's good to see you back!
Billie
This is hilarious - reminds me of something my Josie said last week, "I wish you were the fun one and Dad was the stressed out one!" ha ha ha
hee hee =o)
Post a Comment