Friday, March 7, 2008

New Recipes...

Hey all - check out Lysa' Terkeurst's blog for many more recipes but here is one of mine.
jjj
Tortillini Soup (this is one of my favorite soups of all times!)
ff
1 lb. sausage
1 cup onions (chopped)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
ff
Brown and drain above ingredients together.
ff
8 cups beef broth
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 tsp. basil leaves
1/2 tsp. oregeno leaves
2 8 oz. tomato sauce cans
ff
Add to meat mixture. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes (longer enhances flavor but it is good even right away). Add tortillini (you'll find bags in frozen food section - meat or cheese...I like cheese) and cook 5 minutes. Last sprinkle 3 TB parsley (if desired). Serves 8-10.
ff
If you freeze this soup - wait to add tortillini until right before you serve.
gg
ENJOY!
hhh

6 comments:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Thanks Jami...
I love soups so I can't wait to try this!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

oh yum..this looks good. I've bookmarked it!

Blessings~Alyce

Jen said...

I'm not a sausage fan but this sounds like something my hubby will LOVE! I will make it for him this weekend! :) thanks for sharing!

Celly B said...

This sounds like a great recipe. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

lifelaughterchaos said...

This sounds good...I will have to remember for when I plan my next menu...thanks!

Jess said...

I think I'll try this recipe this week.

Thanks Jami!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin