Our first official Tuesday's blend!! How fun is this?! :) Let's talk laundry or any daily household duties for that matter. I want in on your secrets...organizational, cleaning, cooking, whatever you want. Let's share our tips...what works for you, what doesn't.
So remember how it works? Write a post on your blog sharing some household tip. Then DOUBLE CLICK on the title of that specific post. Next, copy the URL from that post and paste it into Mr. Linky. Write your name and a word or two describing your tip. Get it? Let's learn from each other! :)
I'll start:
I feel like a new women! I've figured out my laundry system!! This is BIG....do you want in on my little secret??
I do it everyday............or MOST everyday!
I do just a little laundry...maybe sheets one day or folding another. Maybe putting away another!
To some of you, this probably seems crazy and more overwhelming but I'm loving it! :) I tried making Monday laundry day but I'd get a few loads in and then forget about them. Rather than folding the clothes immediately, they'd sit and get smooshed (is that a word?) together and wrinkled as I'd throw a second load on top due to the limited about of laundry baskets I own.
Often the clothes would end up just sitting...sitting in the washer, sitting in the dryer, sitting in the laundry basket, just sitting and stressing me OUT!
By the time I would have it all done, it would be Monday again and the insane, overambitious process would start all over again. Now I know some of you can do laundry in one day and it works great for you...it does not for me! :)
Right now, I have most of our families wash done and put away...I do have one load in the dryer but all the laundry baskets are empty and I am a happy camper!!
Your turn!


14 comments:
I do my Laundry about every day too. Seems like the clothes don't get set in stains as easy and as long as I do a full load I don't feel like I'm wasting water or anything. =o) Tuesday blend is a great name for this. =o)
How wild is that? I do the exact thing. I used to do laundry on MOnday's and got totally overwhelmed...and now I do a little everyday. Although now there is always in the dryer, on the table in the baskets. But I do like it so much better.
I do have a question for your readers...do you seperate out your laundry? I was watching Jon and Kate plus 8 (love that show) and she said she doesn't sort...just does it all in cold. I started doing that now too and find it easier, but I was wondering if anyone else did that.
Billie - I think we were meant to be friends! I was just watching the same show and decided that I'm not sorting ours anymore! :) I still sort reds, towels or things needing washed separately, etc. but nothing else! Kate inspires me! :)
How wild is that? I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. To be honest, I haven't even taken out the reds or the towels.
This is why I love blogging...new friendships...although it does make me somewhat sad because it makes me want to hang out in real life! Who knows...maybe someday!
I do the girls laundry one day and all other laundry a different day. This way I am only doing about 2 loads on each day. And I don't sort. Just two piles that contain similar items and wash on cold! So much easier!!
~Alissa
I don't sort either, never really have. I do the kid's laundry together. Mine and Kory's together and then towels. Sean gets his separately right now because I use dreft for him, but eventually his will get thrown in with the kids.
I don't have a system for laundry. That's something that needs work. I do a load about every day just so it doesn't get insurmountable. I'm sort of particular about not drying my stuff and letting it air-dry so I have to do it in small parts.
Anyway, loving everyones tips and I have to say I love Tuesday's Blend!
I have a system of laundry baskets (darks, whites, delicates, towels) and they are in a central location. All laundry must come to the central location and not be left in the rooms (Grace does way better at this than Matt does). When I have a full load I wash that particular basket. If a full load has not been created by Saturday I wash the basket anyway. Although I would not consider myself an overly "green" person, I feel better doing full loads as opposed to small loads.
I prefer to do my laundry all in a day or two. I start on Monday and usually finish up on Tuesday. I was my sheets on Tuesdays and Fridays. And I do sort my clothes! My mother in law would have my hide if I didn't! She is the queen of sorting! I sort into whites, denim/khaki pants, shirts, towels, Levi's clothes (to be washed in Dreft), hand washables and socks/underwear. Now, don't tell Michael or my mother in law that. They don't think denim and khaki pants should be washed together! Not to mention there should be a separate pile for blacks and nice shirts.
I've also found that I cannot let the white pile be the last load I do for the day because for some reason I hate folding whites and I end up leaving them in the dryer...for up to a week they mock me from the dryer. So I've started doing them in the 2nd or 3rd load of the day.
Girls - I love the laundry conversation. I only sort new towels (which I just got for my b-day) because they are dark and I don't want to mess up any of our other clothes.
I do air dry all my pants and many of my shirts because otherwise they seem to shrink up. So when doing Clint and mine...the guest room is filled with shirts/pants layed flat all over the room/bed!
Billie - we need to exchange numbers so we can at least chat in person! :) You can email me at clintandjami@gmail.com
See ya gals! :)
I am with Mindy on the whites...all those socks to fold, yuck!
I have to know if "Billie" is Danae's sister-in-law or if there is another one of you out there??? Just curious :-)
Jill
I can answer that...unless Danae's sister in law lives in Pennsylvania..then they are different! :)
OH! I wanted to add one more thing. Jami- you said that you sort new towels because they are dark. Did you know that if you add a few cups of vinegar to your wash load that the towel's color wont' fade as quickly? My mother in law taught me that and her towels are hot pink, neon orange and neon green and look as nice as the day she bought them!
Also, instead of laying your clothes out on the bed to air dry you can buy these drying racks at BB&B. They are mesh square racks and they stack on top of each other so they don't take up so much space. I love them! I found those also thanks to my mother in law...see...she's the queen of laundry! :)
Thanks for the tips Mindy. I've thought about getting a drying rack...it would be much easier! :)
Thanks!!
Post a Comment