
Hello all! Spring is here and I'm loving it! Now that the weather is nice enough to be outside, I'm itching to start planting flowers again. So for today's tuesday's blend I would appreciate your tips on planting, growing, and keeping flowers alive! We've been working our way around our house with landscaping and this year I'm focusing on the front by the garage and side of our house.
I'm going to be planting along the west and south side of our house. Anyone have suggestions on some good flower/shrub choices. I want lots of color and I need them to be hardy! On the left side of the garage I have grasses, black eyed susans, and shasta daisy's so I plan to use some of those but the right side has more space to fill. I am not opposed to using annuals to fill some space as well.
On another note, our yard is giving us trouble...GRUBS! Our goal this year is to give our yard some help...lots of dead patches throughout...NO FUN AT ALL! Clint has laid down some grub treatment once this spring already. Any tips for the yard??
I can't wait to hear from you. Mr Linky is up and ready. Fill free to just leave a comment here if that's easier for you. Remember, you don't have to just give tips relating to my specific requests...though I'd appreciate some of those too. Just general tips for planting this spring. Vegetable and fruit garden advice would be good too.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
tuesday's blend - gardening
Labels: tuesday's blend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jami: I love your blog & your new Tuesday's Blend idea, too. I would be honored to give you some yard/gardening advice except...I have none. My yard would consist of slightly wilted grass (and nothing else) except that I have a husband who takes great delight in spending an entire Saturday showering his plants with TLC. So, I'll be checking back to see the ideas offered by others. Thanks for sharing your family & their adventures with us all.
i wish i could add more advice. i am not a gardner although i enjoy them. my mom is an expert though. you are in a completely part of the country than i so i can't give much help.
i'll ask my hubby about the grubs. he is a yard expert. i know there is grub killer you can put down.
Sorry Jami, I do have gardening advice, I love working in the yard. But I didn't have time to post. I'd been taking forever to tell Stephanie's story and I needed to post that this week. We are also having massive company coming this weekend for a children's ministry conference put on by our church.
I hope you are having a great Friday. I've been thinking of you a lot!
The only advice that I can that works for me is: everytime you see a weed pull it. So for example the other Sunday we were running LATE for church, but I saw a weed and pulled it. Make sense.
I'm new to your blog and love your story. My husband and I were very seriously thinking about adoption when the Lord redirected us. We are still thinking about adoption, but He blessed us with a little girl first. http://valleyhousewife.blogspot.com
About gardening: I started using Miracle Grow because a friend told me it was so great. It is, but now I wish I hadn't because my veggies are just like the store's now. Next year, I'm going to try cow manure. I hear that I'll get similar results, but the food will be natural! Good luck with your garden!
Post a Comment