Saturday, March 21, 2009

20 hours later...

We're here!!

Our family gets to hang out in Florida for awhile! We are exhausted right now from driving all night but happy to be here!!

We've never driven this far (not even close) with all the kids but thankfully the trip went quite well. Here's a brief synopsis of the drive:

1:00 pm Friday - on the road

3:00pm - The first mumblings from the back seat. "My tummy hurts, I want to be in Florida NOW." (Paige)

3:50pm - "Are we there yet?" (Raegan)

4:05pm "Are we almost to Florida?" (Paige)

4:22pm "I'll be happy to get there and shower up!" (Me...oops!)

6:30pm - "Are we there yet?" (Rae) - "When are we going to be there?" (Paige)

8:30pm - "I want to be in Florida right now!" (Rae) "YEAH!!" (Paige)

10:00pm - We saw the Birmingham, AL exit!!! (that's where we'll be meeting baby for the first time...whenever that may be!)

11:30pm - I made the unfortunate comment "Is Baltimore a state or a city?" (I was tired you know!!)

11:31pm - Clint replied dryly "I think it's about time for you to go to sleep." :)

11:32pm - To which I replied "Problem is I have to go to the bathroom now!"To which Clint replied back "Problem is you're going to have to wait!"

Hmmm.

5:58am Saturday - Clint and I had a bit of a tift because our stop was taking too long. The kids had woken up, we took a bathroom brake, brushed our teeth, changed into our clothes and I was helping Raegan put her crayons back in the box.

You see Clint says, "My job is to keep us going." And I say, "My job is to make it enjoyable along the way!"

6:05am "I just want to clean up!" (Jami)

6:42am "When are we going to be there? (Paige)
"It's taking forever!!!" (Rae)
"Yeah, it's taking forever!!" (Paige)

8:36am (We passed by the airport we usually fly into)
"Oh I LOOOOVE flying." (Jami)
"I know this (driving) is Ridiculous!" (Clint)

By 9 am we pulled into the condo and were at the pool by 9:30! :) We're just glad to be done driving!!!

Here's some pictures from the day!

This one is so telling - Paige is always so concerned that Hudson is going to get into the elevator before us and will push the wrong buttons. She's VERY protective! :)


First time on the beach! Rae was loving it!
Hudson, well he didn't love it quite so much!
That's alright, Buddy - Paige will take care of you. :)

Clint and Paige enjoying the view.
Ahhh, bedtime. Do they look like sisters or what?! :)

Goodnight all! :)


13 comments:

Kristy said...

hahaha, LOVE your 'play by play' of the trip down! Baltimore, huh? Maybe you shouldn't have shared that on your BLOG.....you CRACK ME UP! Have a great time, guys - tell the kiddo's HI for us!

Daish said...

Have tons of fun Jami...think about me some. Wish we were there! Love ya.

On Purpose said...

You guys are seriously amazing to have driven that far...that takes some serious stuff...not sure I have that kinda of serious stuff!

Enjoy your time on vacation!

Anonymous said...

How Fun! :). Let me know if you need a place to stop on the way home. We are five minutes off the interstate (Exit 384); about one hour south of GA/FL border. It will most likely be during the night,but just in case. Love, J

Anonymous said...

How Fun! :). Let me know if you need a place to stop on the way home. We are five minutes off the interstate (Exit 384); about one hour south of GA/FL border. It will most likely be during the night,but just in case. Love, J

Jess said...

Oh goodness I can't tell you how much we'd like to be there right now!!!! I can't believe how much bigger your kids are than last year!

Looking forward to St Louis! It's no Florida, but where ever you are is where we want to be!!

Have a GREAT week with your fam!

Jessica said...

So glad you all made it safe and are having a blast! And your Baltimore comment is VERY familiar to me :)

Jennifer said...

Cute! Hope you guys have tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm in Florida right now, too! Probably not where you are, since I see a beach...mmm. a beach. I'm in Orlando in a window-less conference room letting all the technical jibber-jabber float above my head. Business trips are not as fun as real vacations. :)

Kristen said...

Have Jenny give us a call if you stop by her place - we live about 4 minutes from her condo and would love to see you guys, too!!

megs @ whadusay said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Looks like fun - makes me excited for our trip in a little less than a month!!!!

Have a great week.

Love ya

Kristy said...

I am cracking up at the car ride!! I'd have been the same way. Have a WONDERFUL time!

Alesa said...

Great post, Jami! Loved seeing you a few weeks ago!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin