To start from the beginning click here.
October 16, 2006 was the day that started a very difficult yet amazing time in my life - waiting.
Most every month we received pictures of our sweet son. As exciting as it was to get to pictures it was also heart wrenching to watch my son grow up without me.
During this time I continued to pray for Carlos that he would find a family.
1 month
2 months
3 months.bmp)
4 months
6 months
8 months

9 months

When Hudson was 5 months old, we visited him and shared 5 of the most amazing days of my life with our little son. Then, we said goodbye - not knowing when we would bring him home.
d
5 months later, PRAISE GOD!, we were back in Guatemala to pick up Hudson and bring him home for good!
c
While we were there, I had the STRANGEST experience of my life. I saw a little boy in the lobby, who was just a little older than Hudson.
c
There was something very familiar about this cute little guy, he had a grey portion (front/middle) of his hair.
d
I couldn't believe my eyes - my heart started to pound and I knew - this little guy was Carlos!!!
c
He was holding hands with a woman. To me she was simply a worker from our agency. But to him, she was the most important lady in his little life - she was his Mama! She had just recently begun the process of adopting him!
v
That is no coincidence my friends.
d
We serve a very personal God and I believe He allowed me to see Carlos so I would know that he was going to be okay. There was no reason He had to do that. I could have lived never knowing what happened but instead He reached down and touched me that day.
d
I will never forget that. What an Amazing God!!
d
Here are the videos of our adoption journey.
d
Visiting Hudson - Part One
Visiting Hudson - Part Two
Bringing Hudson Home

17 comments:
Wow, amazing God moment!
Jami, thanks for sharing your story. That is one of the fears I've had as I think about possibly adopting. It is so comforting to know that someone else has gone through it! You really blessed me with this post.
I agree with people's comments from your last post that you should be sharing this story. Especially because of how it ended! That is so amazing that God showed Carlos to you and could give you the peace you needed! That is a miracle!
JAMI, I don't think I've ever heard that story! (the last part, anyway) Amazing...what a MIGHTY GOD we serve! Love You!
now thats a story worth telling the whole world!!! God is awesome in so many ways. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder why you wouldn't want to tell Hudson about that? It's such a great testimony to how big God is, and how HUDSON, and not any other baby, was who God wanted you to take home. I love it. Thanks for sharing!
that really is a comfort. really neat.
~shar
God has a plan for all of us...and as I have seen more then once & just witnessed in your story our Heavenly Father sends miracles. Carlos & Hudson each had their special parents hand picked from God just for them.
I thinking sharing their story is amazing!!!
God has a plan for all of us...and as I have seen more then once & just witnessed in your story our Heavenly Father sends miracles. Carlos & Hudson each had their special parents hand picked from God just for them.
I thinking sharing their story is amazing!!!
WOW - is God amazing or what??
Hi Jami,
I've been following your blog for a while now and I love it. The videos from your visit and pick up trips are amazing. We brought our little guy home in August 2007 also- he was just a week and a half shy of his first birthday. Your post brought back lots of great memories. Thanks for sharing! We had an adoption fall through close to when we were supposed to bring him home(after having spent five amazing days with him on a visit trip)- and I wonder every day how our "first" son is... what a gift from God to let you know how Carlos was...thanks again for sharing!
Jami, it was great seeing you today! Thanks for sharing that story. It is so amazing how God has such different journeys for each of us and always shows Himself faithful!
that is amazinmg! i hope you got to talk with her and tell her how you prayed for carlos!!
i hope you are able to relax in your wait! i so understand having your hear skip a beat for the phone call!
Hudson was so adorable!! I am continuously thankful our stories intertwined when they did!!!
I praise God he was so personal to you at that point in time!
I agree with Brooke - I think your story, all of it, tells how purposely Hudson was places with his family by God. And what an awesome gift He gave you, Jami, to see Carlos's story as well. I think, that too, can give alot of other parents courage in their own adoptive journies.
Thanks for your transparency. : )
Jami, such a sweet story. I know that moment on the phone couldn't have been easy. A couple months ago we got a call that a birthmom would be looking at photos of us since our book wasn't complete yet and she was due in 8 weeks. We held our breath and my husband worried that if we were selected we wouldn't be able to put the money together in time. I said "if this is our baby, God will pull the money together." She ended up choosing someone else, but I came out of it with so much peace. When it's my baby, that mom will choose me.
Jami! I love this story. I'm so glad you shared it. What a sweet gift that was to you! I have been learning more and more lately how much the Lord cares about the details. This is just one more story to add to His track record of faithfulness. Thank you for being willing to share it with us.
Jami - thank you much for sharing your story, I wept through the whole things. My heart is heavy for those in need of families. Our God is so good! What hope we have to rest in "He will not faint, He won't grow weary!" I pray your strength will continue to rise as you wait for your newest addition!
-Danica Giffen
Post a Comment