Friday, March 6, 2009

Do you want more Jesus?

Hello friends! What a day, what a glorious day we are having here! We are enjoying near 70 degree weather and I can't fully express how wonderful that is! This is our high for the week + so I'm especially happy about it (I'm sure you can't tell at all!)

Winter - you are no longer welcome here. It's time you said goodbye. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case but one can hope!

Moving on.

This week has been kind of a downer for me emotionally. Nothing major - just kind of "blahzay."

I know a big part of this is because for 3-4 days in a row, my devotion time with God was rushed. I think I missed one day altogether and that just stinks. Simply put, I put other things before Him and I paid for it.

He didn't "hit me over the head" or anything like that - I just truly didn't take the time to really enjoy his presence. I struggled more to be obedient in the small ways. "MY" way felt so much better. I didn't feel as connected to Him and I didn't feel as joyful.

Now I know that it's not all about emotions BUT when I am spending quality time with Him, praising Him, obeying Him - I am happier, I am more purposeful, I find more joy in the everyday.

When I put Him first - I am more focused on others. This is how I want to live. I am thankful that even in my "blahzay" times He is still with me, encouraging me, and loving me. But it is harder to feel the excitement for Him.

I'm learning though that even when I don't FEEL it, it doesn't change the fact that HE LOVES ME and wants to give me ABUNDANT life. You know that He wants this for you too, don't you?

We serve an Amazing God!

I want to encourage you to sit with Him today if you haven't already. Just sit back, read His Word, ask Him to speak to you and then just BE with Him.

Let the dishes go for a few minutes, wait to check the email or change the laundry. He wants to refresh and renew us. It can be such a struggle to let Him, I know! But He wants to bless us, speak to us, direct us, fill us!

I love you all - I am praying for you today, my bloggie friends!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great reflections - I hear ya.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin