On our way to Florida we traveled right past the Birmingham, AL exit. I did not expect to see this and it was kind of surreal to think that at some point (hopefully soon) we’ll be heading back there to meet and bring home our baby! Amazing!
At one point we saw the exit signs for Birmingham, AL right next to the sign for Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Remember the “Martin knew!” story? I thought that was pretty cool!
As we drove by that night, we prayed for our baby, for our birth mother and for grace and peace in this waiting process. I loved that moment.
Then today I talked with our social worker and found out that there are several birth mom’s who are due to have babies this summer – May, June, and July, meaning we could have a baby June, July, or August. There is always the possibility that a birth mom could call in from the hospital in need of an adoptive family.
Oh time lines…who really knows? Well actually I know exactly Who knows.
I’m trying to relax about it all. God knows and He has a plan – I simply have to trust this. Though I would love to get the call today, I truly want to grow closer to Him in this process. To learn what He wants to teach me. He is Faithful, oh so Faithful!
He knows what is best for our family. He knows who our child is. He knows! And I love Him for that!
Life with Jesus Christ - what an Amazing journey!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
The journey continues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love how you prayed while driving by that Alabama exit - precious! You know He hears and is honored by your trust in Him.
We are excited to see God's plan unfold as you wait on His timing!
Love you guys...
I'm so excited for you. God's plans for our lives are amazing. Sending a prayer your way!!
Post a Comment